Android email client?

Got a new Android tablet recently and one reason was to have access to my email while out and about. Gmail came on it but I also have email from my web domain I want to get

There are plenty of free email Apps (K9 is my front runner choice) but concerned about security / stability - and happy to pay for something without ads

Googled this a fair bit but welcome some un-biassed opinions

I've used K9 for years, never had a problem with it.

K9 for me as well. Used it for years for personal and work. I have also found the stock gmail app to be fine as well.

Whatever email client you eventually decide upon, setup all your email clients (desktop/laptop and tablet) to use IMAP rather than POP3. This way, you'll have less issues 'syncing' as whatever is seen is what is on the server. POP3 is set to download mail from the server to the client as default, and you usually have to manually tick a tickbox in the settings somewhere to just download a copy of your mail but leave the original on the server without deleting.

You just need to remember that if you've got everything set up for IMAP, if you delete something then you're deleting it direct from the server, not a 'local copy' in your email client.

*edit* brain fart - I originally said SMTP which is your outgoing/sending server, I meant IMAP, so now edited.