Scarlet Fever??

ive just read that Derbyshire has got a few cases of this occurred in last few days.

Anyone know if this is serious today. I had this as a 3 yr old 60 odd yrs ago, I was in an isolation ward at LodgeMoor terrible memories of seeing my mum and dad behind a glass wall

With better antibiotic treatments available, it is less of a threat than it used to be.

Complications can still arise, usually if contracted when already suffering some other illness, leading to longer term issues.

With better antibiotic treatments available, it is less of a threat than it used to be.

Complications can still arise, usually if contracted when already suffering some other illness, leading to longer term issues.

Thanks cgksheff Eased my mind a bit :)

But it's scarlet, not Scarlett [O'Hara]......

But it's scarlet, not Scarlett [O'Hara]......

... taken in moderation makes it irrelevant!

... d'yunno?

Despite the Thread title having been changed by a Mod from 'Scarlett' to 'Scarlet', when you make a post replying, the title box still says 'scarlett'!

Never picked up on that before!

Edited by cgksheff

I had it 50 odd years ago and all I remember was having a fabulous time - sleeping in my mum and dads' bed, with the bedroom fire lit, loads of books to read, the doctor coming everyday and my mum having a right job keeping my 3 younger brothers out of the room! I don't remember feeling ill at all!

ive just read that Derbyshire has got a few cases of this occurred in last few days.

Anyone know if this is serious today. I had this as a 3 yr old 60 odd yrs ago, I was in an isolation ward at LodgeMoor terrible memories of seeing my mum and dad behind a glass wall

If you worried about every disease and epidemic you wouldnt leave the house. In my lifetime the government has said I might die of BSE, birdflu, ebola to name but a few. I'm still here.

You could get killed walking across the road. So I would just relax and forget about it.

I had Scarlet fever in the mid 60s as a child and was in bed for two weeks.

I remember being sick every couple of hours and slept with my parents the whole two weeks.

The Doctor came to see me regular and I have never been so ill...Don't know how serious it is but looking back I remember my parents looking concerned while I just felt constantly sick.