Neighbour left keys in front door

Front door left unlocked, keys in the lock, luckily I came back when I did as I saw some kids clambering all over his garage roof and messing around on the front of the house. I think they would have let themselves in (not much furniture in as the house is being done up but still the kids could have done some damage). I took the keys and posted a message on the front door saying ''come and knock at *** ******* ****''. There is a man who comes frequently who is doing the house up for the owner (owner is a woman) but I am hoping he comes in the morning or something as I don't want him to think I have been in the house or anything (I haven't of course and the door is now locked). It's not exactly a nice area to leave the keys in the door either.

Me too. If not I won't do a good deed for anyone again.

Isn't your knowledge that YOU have done a good deed sufficient?

Have you checked to make sure he's not had a heart attack and is lying in the house or something?

Isn't your knowledge that YOU have done a good deed sufficient?

Precisely. Not even sure it's worth a "int I wonderful" thread.

:hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If I was a woman living alone, who was having her house done up by a man and I lived in an area that was described as 'not exactly a nice area to leave the keys in the door, I would be looking in my bag right now to see if they were my keys.

What is the point of this thread ?

The OP took some keys without permission.

What more do you want? This thread has it all, intrigue, drama and suspense. I'm on the edge of my seat here to find out how this one plays out.

Was the note really ever written. If so did it blow away. Will the refurbishment ever get finished. So many unanswered questions. I'd give this 10/10 if it were a movie listing on IMDB.

The OP took some keys without permission.

What more do you want? This thread has it all, intrigue, drama and suspense. I'm on the edge of my seat here to find out how this one plays out.

Was the note really ever written. If so did it blow away. Will the refurbishment ever get finished. So many unanswered questions. I'd give this 10/10 if it were a movie listing on IMDB.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

As a postman I used to see this all the time! And people were never greatful when you told them. It's as if people actually want to be burgled! I also found someone's credit card on the floor.