Under Chassis Steam Cleaning in Sheffield

Does anyone know of a place that can do under chassis cleaning in Sheffield? There used to be a place at Attercliffe called Sullivans but they closed a while ago.

Been thinking of having my Landrover Discovery underneath steam cleaned but I am being put off with the thought that it may cause me electrical problems, are fears founded?.

have you checked to see whether its been under sealed? if it has on no account should you have it steamed cleaned

Been thinking of having my Landrover Discovery underneath steam cleaned but I am being put off with the thought that it may cause me electrical problems, are fears founded?.

Not really.

All wiring should be sealed, any bare wiring or wiring breaks will be a hazard - you'd probably know about them anyway from electrical items not working.

There probably won't be much wiring down there anyway.

I've been jet-washing under my cars twice a year (half-way winter time and end of winter/early spring) for close to 2 decades, to clear any accumulation of grit/salt and inhibit corrosion, and never once had any issue.

I don't jet-wash under the engine bay much at all (two passes at an oblique angle) for obvious reasons, but thoroughly the rest of the undercarriage.

Only ever had rust issues on an MX-5 (near rear wheel arches, well-known issue with these whether washing undercarriage or not), since restored and professionally undersealed.

Considering the Disco has a wading depth of around 50cm I wonder how much damage a steam clean can do?

Edited by truman

Don't know about Sheffield, but according to Gwynedd Paltrow you can have it done in LA :o