Pomona Street School/King Ecgbert School

Anyone go to either of these schools? Pomona Street School from 1952 to 1958 - I think.... King Ecgberts in Dore/Totley 1958/59 until about 1964/65. I remember: Hazel Stunnel, Victoria Harding, Susan Cunningham, Ian Wileman, Jeffrey Unwin and loads more at Pomona Street. At King Ecgberts, I remember: Susan Proudlock, Josie Woods, Rosemary Renshaw, Olga Hazeltine, Margaret Duckenfield, Susan Boyd, Ann Waller, Judith Walker......and loads more........also Miss Coates, Mrs Borman, Miss Benson, Mrs Fuller, Mr Chamberlain........and more..................

I remember Susan Cunningham and I think there were 2 Hazels but can't remember surnames but one lived across from the school. I was there the same years as you and remember a miss Lofthouse and the head Mr Hughes my name was Sheila Smith and I had a brother called David. I also went to the youth club that was opened there at a later date. After leaving I went on to Greystones.

Maybe the other Hazel was Hazel Chadwick? Her sister, Susan was in my class; John Armstrong lived across from the school, he had a really good voice and quite often sang at assembly. I also went to the youth club there for a spell with Diane Fletcher, a year older than me, and she went to St Matthias then to Greystones. Also at Pomona was: Joan and Jeanette Smith, Gordon and Derek Dawson, Mary Latimer, Lynne Summersby, Eileen and Keith Knight, Ted Nash, Michael Langdon, David Burgess, Roger Hadley, Georgie Lowe...if I remember any more, I'll update. Do you know where any of these people are now? My name is Lynda, and my brother and sister also went to Pomona.

Maybe the other Hazel was Hazel Chadwick? Her sister, Susan was in my class; John Armstrong lived across from the school, he had a really good voice and quite often sang at assembly. I also went to the youth club there for a spell with Diane Fletcher, a year older than me, and she went to St Matthias then to Greystones. Also at Pomona was: Joan and Jeanette Smith, Gordon and Derek Dawson, Mary Latimer, Lynne Summersby, Eileen and Keith Knight, Ted Nash, Michael Langdon, David Burgess, Roger Hadley, Georgie Lowe...if I remember any more, I'll update. Do you know where any of these people are now? My name is Lynda, and my brother and sister also went to Pomona.

I remember hazel Chadwick now, also Mary Latimer and Keith Night, wasn't there a teacher also called Latimer? My friends when I went to the club was a Christine Dawson and Susan Heptinstall (not sure of spelling)

I was a mate of lynne summersby brother Bernard in the early 70s they lived in William st. Last time I heard she moved to handsworth.Her mother and brother

moved to the balifield estate when William st was pulled down.I would also like to

know where they are now especially Bernard