Weatherspoons coming to Meadowhall

There are much better places to eat in Meadowall before you consider Wetherspoons however Meadowall has been lacking a pub for years. Since the clock tower (I think thats what it was called shut down). Brilliant news.

Why do you need a pub in a mall?????

I dont get that. I come from the land of the malls, and never* seen just a bar in one in my life.. lots of restaurants who serve drinks and have bars attached (ie: TGIs, ruby tuesdays, cheesecake factory, etc) Though, in the upstairs area, all the places do just that. So not sure what a Wetherspoons would add that Harvester cant? (which is what I put a WS pub on par with)

*doesnt mean it doesnt exist, just not in the malls in the north east of the us. i assume in super malls, like mall of america, there is one or two

So when you get dragged out shopping by the missus at the weekend, you can slink away and spend the afternoon in the pub watching footie instead of wondering around the shops.

So when you get dragged out shopping by the missus at the weekend, you can slink away and spend the afternoon in the pub watching footie instead of wondering around the shops.

Then why not just say you dont want to go?

My partner hates going to the mall, so i dont dare ask. I just go by myself, because im a grown up.

I dont get that. I come from the land of the malls, and never* seen just a bar in one in my life.. lots of restaurants who serve drinks and have bars attached (ie: TGIs, ruby tuesdays, cheesecake factory, etc) Though, in the upstairs area, all the places do just that. So not sure what a Wetherspoons would add that Harvester cant? (which is what I put a WS pub on par with)

*doesnt mean it doesnt exist, just not in the malls in the north east of the us. i assume in super malls, like mall of america, there is one or two

Because it's a "Spoons" and will be serving food?

- I'd guess that would be their primary income, rather than on the drink they'll serve alongside it. (Which also include tea and coffee btw, so there'd be a fairly wide catchment based on the footfall.)

Because it's a "Spoons" and will be serving food?

- I'd guess that would be their primary income, rather than on the drink they'll serve alongside it. (Which also include tea and coffee btw, so there'd be a fairly wide catchment based on the footfall.)

But the whole food court serves food, and the restaurants serve food and have bars.

So basically, its only the sports that makes it stand out for you, then? But if you wanted to watch sports, why not stay home then and do the same?

Free tea and coffee refills till 2pm. Perfect if the other half wants to shop and I want to get some work done

The food is pre-cooked and then sealed in special packaging until it is microwaved. The food is of good quality ingredients and amazing value for money.

Fish Friday is good and a few of us occasionally meet on eccy road on a Sunday and have Eggs Benedict for only £3.50 incs Coffee. Ive paid £12 for it in before.

Edited by SaferSheff

Wetherspoons food is vile.

Really, really vile.

why not stay home then and do the same?

Don't have Sky Sports or BT maybe ?

Likes a pint while watching the game while the OH goes shopping maybe ?

Don't have Sky Sports or BT maybe ?

Likes a pint while watching the game while the OH goes shopping maybe ?

Then go to your local - who air sports - while your other half goes shopping by themselves?

But the whole food court serves food, and the restaurants serve food and have bars.

So basically, its only the sports that makes it stand out for you, then? But if you wanted to watch sports, why not stay home then and do the same?

'Spoons don't show live sport as far as I know.

(IIRC, they didn't even show Sky Sports News "back in the day")

Does this mean that as there "are other restaurants in the food court" all bar one of them should shut down?

Who do you recommend should be left?

if you dont like it dont go in ,simple ass more room for them that like a few pints