Weatherspoons coming to Meadowhall

Just noticed they're taking over the old Wagamana unit downstairs.

I don't drink but I understand the food is good :)

Hope I'm right.

Wetherspoon's food is pretty good. I didn't see the notice yesterday. I did notice that the Harry Ramsden's chippy had gone yesterday.

Wetherspoon's food is pretty good. I didn't see the notice yesterday. I did notice that the Harry Ramsden's chippy had gone yesterday.

Yeah, gutted they closed this week. That's fish and chip Friday gone at Meadowhall!

weatherspoons chain serve frozen stuff heated up its awful

Could not find fault with the meal i had at spoons in Bradford before todays game.

Wetherspoons is bottom end food (and drink mostly) but , so long as you know what to expect, it's decent value. I'd sooner pay what they ask than £12 for z reheated lasagne in Castleton tbh. Hopefully a positive addition to the Hell.

"Wetherspoon's food is good"? What sort of alternate reality is this?

Wetherspoons food is only good if every meal you've eaten previously has consisted of the partially decomposed netting from the inside of a tramp's swimming trunks.

Will this provide Meadowhall's first ever cask beer? I seem to remember that the dreadful pub that used to be there (or is it still there?) only had lager and smoothflow.

There are much better places to eat in Meadowall before you consider Wetherspoons however Meadowall has been lacking a pub for years. Since the clock tower (I think thats what it was called shut down). Brilliant news.

I remember the Retreat in Meadowhall when the centre first opened as I worked at Dixons at the time had some good times in there.

A wetherspoons will do well I suspect but definitely not for me as as these days my main objective when visiting the place is to get out asap!

yes great news cheap food and drink in meadow hell