Copenhagen terror shooting

It is also funny no one on here mentioned the atheist who killed 3 Muslims and even how the media tried to keep it low profile.

Now is n't that an act of terror..

Seeing as how the thread is about an attack in Copenhagen (not America) I don't think it's that strange that it hasn't been mentioned until now. As for the media trying to keep it low profile, I first heard about it on BBC news, who didn't seem to be trying to cover anything up.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/11/progressive-atheist-kills-3-muslim-students-media-ignores/

Even Dawkins had to come out and condemn the act...is this something we are going to see more of- I hope not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/richard-dawkins-condemns-chapel-hill-shooting-suspected-to-have-been-carried-out-by-antitheist-that-left-three-muslims-dead-10037983.html

Many decent folks and those with common sense will know terrorism has no religion so Muslims won't be blaming all atheists- don't worry now.:)

The guy didn't kill his victims because he is without belief in any gods, he killed them (from what I know so far) because his anti-theism.

What I find odd is that the article you linked to seems to have replaced the word 'anti-theism' with 'progressive atheism' :huh:

Freedom of speech in the UK has been steadily restricted for the last 30 years. Despite the political posturing we've seen and the damp eyed defence of our "freedom of speech" by such as Cameron, that is the reality.

Anyone see where UK police forces had been going around to newsagents demanding the names and addresses of people who had bought Charlie Hebdo magazine?

That's how much the authorities value freedom of speech, by wanting to know the names and addresses of those who support it.

Even the stupid ones?

Yes, unfortunately you cant pick and choose which law you will follow

Freedom of speech in the UK has been steadily restricted for the last 30 years. Despite the political posturing we've seen and the damp eyed defence of our "freedom of speech" by such as Cameron, that is the reality.

Anyone see where UK police forces had been going around to newsagents demanding the names and addresses of people who had bought Charlie Hebdo magazine?

That's how much the authorities value freedom of speech, by wanting to know the names and addresses of those who support it.

What on earth are you talking about?

It was a shooting by a lone gunman, funny how they are quick to label it a terrorist attack so quickly.

Funny how quick you are to try to make excuses.

It was a shooting by a lone gunman, funny how they are quick to label it a terrorist attack so quickly.

MAFYA

Do me a favour will you read carefully what i have posted (POST 19) and come back on here and let us know in depth what you are really thinking and perhaps make a worthwhile contribution to this subject matter

Yes, unfortunately you cant pick and choose which law you will follow

Although you could move to Rotherham where the authorities seem to ignore pretty much anything you do providing you are from the correct ethnic background.

Even the stupid ones?

Halibut Could you please let everybody on this forum know as to who you are referring to as the STUPID ONES thanks.

That's supposed to be the entitlement of free speech. The right to offend and the right to express objection when offended.

What it doesn't entitle someone to do is use freedom of expression to incite hatred, and certainly not to commit acts of violence or murder.

I agree wholeheartedly,but I don't consider cartoons of a prophet to fall into either of those categories.

I agree wholeheartedly,but I don't consider cartoons of a prophet to fall into either of those categories.

Indeed. Unfortunately there are some who feel running a pub, or selling hot pork butties should be a capital offence.

What on earth are you talking about?

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the UK political class who speak out about our allegedly sacrosanct right to free speech after they have spent years eroding it. I wouldn't have thought that was too baffling.

Not only that but someone wants to know the names of those people buying the Charlie Hebdo magazine. So far from defending free speech they seem to want to know the names and addresses of those who do.

The link to the story of the police and the newsagents is here.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/police-several-forces-seek-details-charlie-hebdo-readers

Halibut Could you please let everybody on this forum know as to who you are referring to as the STUPID ONES thanks.

I think he's referring to laws, not people.