Tram rail replacement to start again soon

Incidentally yesterday saw the location of the rail works move to Gleadless Townend, so now replacement bus B8 is running through to Birley Lane with trams running Birley Lane-Halfway. Bus P8 continues to run to Herdings Park but subject to diversion. http://www.supertram.com/rrp2015weeklyupdate.html

It is quite possible something went wrong on that first night - I assume you have complained to Supertram as well as mentioned it on here? http://www.supertram.com/contactus.html

On another note, there is a Summer Sundays special offer - every Sunday in August you can travel all day on all Supertram services plus Supertram link bus SL for just £1. Free parking is also included in the offer at the Park & Ride sites. http://www.supertram.com/latestfromsupertram_8224.html

The final Sunday in this offer is expected to be the day normal services resume following the completion of this years rail replacement work programme.

Yes thanks Andy C, I have complained to Supertram. I'd been quite pleased with the quality of the replacement bus service during the current Area 8 works - until Saturday night's debacle!

"The End of the Works is Nigh".....

I'm told an announcement is to be made tomorrow regarding the date normal service will be resuming on all tram routes along with details of celebrations to mark the Supertram network's 21st birthday.

Check http://www.supertram.com or http://www.twitter.com/SCSupertram tomorrow.

Also there are two more 'Summer Sunday' £1 all day travel days still left - this offer is every Sunday in August, promotional £1 tickets include all trams, replacement buses and the Supertramlink bus to Stocksbridge along with parking in the park & ride car parks.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 16:50 ----------

Normal service from Tuesday 25th August.

Edited by Andy C

Great to have a full tram service back, from this morning - but does anybody know why, in addition to operating a full Supertram Service, Stagecoach are also operating their Tram Replacement Bus Services today? Saw three P8s & one B8 during my tram journey from Gleadless Townend to Granville Rd at 7:30 this morning! Each had just one person on board - the driver!:hihi:

Great to have a full tram service back, from this morning - but does anybody know why, in addition to operating a full Supertram Service, Stagecoach are also operating their Tram Replacement Bus Services today? Saw three P8s & one B8 during my tram journey from Gleadless Townend to Granville Rd at 7:30 this morning! Each had just one person on board - the driver!:hihi:

No one told the drivers???

:hihi:

Yes, the route to Herdings has never had it so good....

It is a regulatory requirement for Stagecoach to operate bus services as registered with the traffic commissioner, as the rail replacement works have finished several days ahead of schedule it has probably caught out the pen pushers. That's what I'm assuming anyway.

Anyway, now with a full tram service running Supertram are on to the 21st anniversary celebrations and there are cheap tickets for travel from Saturday. However commuters can order discount weekly and Monthly tram passes in advance online already - weekly tram only ticket reduced to £9.80, monthly tram only ticket reduced to £33. There will also be a tram only day ticket for £3. The offers run until 25th October and during the promotional period the tram only tickets wil include the Supertramlink buses to Stocksbridge, Stannington and Killamarsh.

In other news, with normal timetable running, testing can proceed with the new platform information displays.

Edited by Andy C

The tram replacements usually always operate on the first day of normal service until about 11am just to catch any stragglers who are too daft to notice a tram passing behind them. I noticed a couple up/down Park Grange Rd this morning that had about half a dozen people on each.

The tram replacements usually always operate on the first day of normal service until about 11am just to catch any stragglers who are too daft to notice a tram passing behind them. I noticed a couple up/down Park Grange Rd this morning that had about half a dozen people on each.

Perhaps the 19 people who handed in the petition during the Sheffield Bus Partnership network review consultation demanding buses on Park Grange Road all the time!

As it happens the buses did prove useful as there has been a little bit of service disruption to the trams this morning after a RTC blocked the tracks near Birley Lane.

Edited by Andy C