Tram rail replacement to start again soon

The lines needed replacing.

@Andy C - i haven't seen staff at the bus stop since day 1. At least not at 6.45am.

They were only installed 20 years ago!

Must've been cheap if they are decaying already.

NOW CONFIRMED...

Normal service this Saturday (27th) and Sunday (28th) on all tram routes.

The current area of rail replacement works (Castle Square/Cathedral) is expected to be finished on Friday when track safety testing will be carried out.

Thanks for this Andy C - can you confirm please that "normal service" will include the reinstatement of the Saturday evening service to / from Herdings Park? Albeit for Saturday 27th June only before the Area 8 works start.

This service has been suspended on Saturday evenings since earlier this month & that was done at very short notice too - despite never being mentioned within the current publicity regarding the "Area 7" works which are now almost complete.

There are still posters at the tram stops advising of this suspension "until further notice".

Thanks.

Can hardly wait for these trams to get back to normal again.

Edited by dutch
put comment in wrong topic

Thanks for this Andy C - can you confirm please that "normal service" will include the reinstatement of the Saturday evening service to / from Herdings Park? Albeit for Saturday 27th June only before the Area 8 works start.

This service has been suspended on Saturday evenings since earlier this month & that was done at very short notice too - despite never being mentioned within the current publicity regarding the "Area 7" works which are now almost complete.

There are still posters at the tram stops advising of this suspension "until further notice".

Thanks.

Every route will operate as normal at the weekend, including Purple, I checked :)

Why can't Stagecoach get back to running the Trams and stop playing with the network. Have they been 'given' some cash to waste on 'investments' for our alleged benefit?

Why don't you ask SYPTE ??

It's nothing to do with Stagecoach they just run the trams.

I'm sure Stagecoach would love to get back to runing the tram service and stop having to buggar about with bus replacements ect

All infrastructure - tracks included - is OWNED by SYPTE and it is them who are funding the repairs and have tendered the contract and who you should be aiming your irk/question at.

Here's a radical thought..maybe the 'cash to waste' is being used on replacing the tracks to make sure they are safe and don't cause any trams to derail or worse..radical and off the wall i know :loopy:

Every route will operate as normal at the weekend, including Purple, I checked :)

Great - thanks!

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 22:15 ----------

Can any of the SYPTE / Supertram staff on here please explain why the new electronic matrix signs at the tram stops were all displaying "Area 7 Rail Replacement Works Underway" (correct) & then "A normal tram service is in operation, Area 8 starts on 29 June" (incorrect) throughout this evening (Friday 26th June)?

As far as I'm aware Supertram will be running a normal service on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th. But not tonight!

This evening (Friday 26th June) despite the conflicting information on the digital signs at the tram stops, trams from Herdings Park were only running to / from Sheffield Station & trams from Halfway were terminating at Fitzalan Square - all as expected by myself, but a lot of passengers were expecting a full tram service this evening on the basis of the information on the digital signs.

Surely the whole point of the new electronic signs is that they provide accurate & up to date information...? Not the case tonight!

Great - thanks!

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 22:15 ----------

Can any of the SYPTE / Supertram staff on here please explain why the new electronic matrix signs at the tram stops were all displaying "Area 7 Rail Replacement Works Underway" (correct) & then "A normal tram service is in operation, Area 8 starts on 29 June" (incorrect) throughout this evening (Friday 26th June)?

As far as I'm aware Supertram will be running a normal service on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th. But not tonight!

This evening (Friday 26th June) despite the conflicting information on the digital signs at the tram stops, trams from Herdings Park were only running to / from Sheffield Station & trams from Halfway were terminating at Fitzalan Square - all as expected by myself, but a lot of passengers were expecting a full tram service this evening on the basis of the information on the digital signs.

Surely the whole point of the new electronic signs is that they provide accurate & up to date information...? Not the case tonight!

The information screens are still under test by the manufacturers and not yet live. Any special messages have to be posted by the suppliers rather than Supertram at the moment and that can only be done during office hours.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 13:07 ----------

Normal service on all routes today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday).

Normal service will continue on the Yellow route for the rest of the year.

From Monday (29th June) buses replace trams Fitzalan Square-Gleadless Townend-Herdings Park. Bus B8 is a limited stop service connecting with Halfway trams at Gleadless, Bus P8 serves all the normal intermediate tram stops via Sheffield Station, Park Grange Road and Manor Top to Gleadless then onto Herdings Park terminus.

Blue route trams will run Malin Bridge-City and Gleadless-Halfway.

Edited by Andy C

Normal service will continue on the Yellow route for the rest of the year.

Huzzah! :banana:

Hi!

I've been told that City Road is going to be closed 1 way from Tomorrow for 21 days... Is this happening does anyone know? I've not seen no signs or anything?

Look on the tram website full details on there

Most of the time there will be temporay traffic lighrs