Beware cuddly yorkshire advert

Don't fall for the PlusNet advert-their customer service is horrendous. 3 weeks to sort out problem with landline when I first signed up in new property- refused to make appointments for 3 BT engineers wanting access as they insisted it was an external fault. Only resolved when 3rd engineer rang me and waited whilst I got home from work and rectified internal fault. Now delaying processing £70 cashback sign up offer- after acknowledging my entitlement they keep putting my enquiry on hold. Had the cheek to send me email offering £1.25 off my bill for each 'friend' I recommended to them- wouldn't recommend my worst enemy!:rant:

Sorry you had a bad time with them. I have found them to be excellent. Swapped from Virgin to plusnet for the private phone line and am about to do the same for the work line as the broadband speed is much better in the plusnet line than the current BT line - odd, as they use the same network, but clearly plusnet get it to work better.

It's a shame you had a bad experience, just remember that there are many links in the chain of fitting broadband in somebody's property and if any one of those links fails, it can go wrong very quickly.

I suspect your experience is in the vast minority and the majority of customers receive the service they expect. Certain things are out of their control, however they should have compensated you appropriately for your inconvenience.