Double parking on barnsley rd towards lane top s5

So when someone claimed it was illegal - that was proper double parking, rather than having cars parked on each side of the road?

We've had the latter for years, and you also regularly have it coming out of City Road cemetery from the Harwich Road exit, coming up from City Road. If these people don't park on Barnsley Rd, where else are they going to park (I assume if they are for NGH, the car park is already full?).

So, to summarise, no one is double parked, it may, or may not, be staff from NGH and it has nothing to do with NGH managers.

Any bets as to whom the op will apologise?

:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 02:27 ----------

I live at Lane top and we have had parking problems from the hospital for years there, they extended the yellow lines a few years ago so they now have started parking further up the road and in some parts on both sides of the road some even parking facing the oncoming traffic,my daughter lives on Horndean road they have to put the bins and road cones on the road just to get a parking space on their road,you can tell they are staff from the hospital as you can see the NHS badges in the cars...

Bold: It's true, but really, hold the front page!

'POPULAR OR BUSY PLACES HAVE PARKING PROBLEMS' sensation!

Damn these staff trying to park near work! :hihi:

-

Here is what to do Lobos:

Tell your daughter to get one or two neighbours to petition the council for a Parking Permit area. She will be very popular with the council for this ;):)

They will send all the other residents a letter in Urdu, Punjabi and Chinese that in all languages will be a series of loaded questions to which they can infer that it is wanted, from whatever people answer, and they'll put it in place. Jobs a good en. It will only cost the going rate per year.

Then when they've that in place, they'll move further out, and you can play footy in the street again on the Lane Top within a year or two :)

I would then tell her and you, to upgrade to the 'parking permit rant' megathreads :hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*
to make clearer

:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 02:27 ----------

Bold: It's true, but really, hold the front page!

'POPULAR OR BUSY PLACES HAVE PARKING PROBLEMS' sensation!

Damn these staff trying to park near work! :hihi:

-

Here is what to do Lobos:

They have been

Tell your daughter to get one or two neighbours to petition the council for a Parking Permit area. She will be very popular with the council for this ;):)

They will send all the other residents a letter in Urdu, Punjabi and Chinese that in all languages will be a series of loaded questions to which they can infer that it is wanted, from whatever people answer, and they'll put it in place. Jobs a good en. It will only cost the going rate per year.

Then when they've that in place, they'll move further out, and you can play footy in the street again on the Lane Top within a year or two :)

I would then tell her and you, to upgrade to the 'parking permit rant' megathreads :hihi:

They have been petitioning the council but they said at first they wanted £100 a year off everyone on the road to do the parking scheme and a parking permit area system, they all said we are not paying that man just to park on road..init....then it went down to £30 a year and they still did not want to pay for it....so its never happened.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 08:40 ----------

So when someone claimed it was illegal - that was proper double parking, rather than having cars parked on each side of the road?

We've had the latter for years, and you also regularly have it coming out of City Road cemetery from the Harwich Road exit, coming up from City Road. If these people don't park on Barnsley Rd, where else are they going to park (I assume if they are for NGH, the car park is already full?).

No its that the NGH charge a fiver a day to park in the car park no staff discount at all thats what they say whenever I speak to them, I've had loads of arguments with people parking outside my daughters house,one of them said that the hospital was on about making a multistory car park but apparently people in the the area objected which I find hard to believe...

I didn't mean to cause any offence.

Thank you Alan. :):thumbsup:

They have been petitioning the council but they said at first they wanted £100 a year off everyone on the road to do the parking scheme and a parking permit area system, they all said we are not paying that man just to park on road..init....then it went down to £30 a year and they still did not want to pay for it....so its never happened.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 08:40 ----------

No its that the NGH charge a fiver a day to park in the car park no staff discount at all thats what they say whenever I speak to them, I've had loads of arguments with people parking outside my daughters house,one of them said that the hospital was on about making a multistory car park but apparently people in the the area objected which I find hard to believe...

Surely you know that provided that they park legally (not at juctions, across drives atc), they have just as much right to park outside your daughter's house as she does?

Surely you know that provided that they park legally (not at juctions, across drives atc), they have just as much right to park outside your daughter's house as she does?

Yes no one is denying that, Im sure you would find it just as annoying, when you can't even park your car on the same street you live never mind outside your own house...many times my daughter has come up to our house and parked her car in our yard and walked down to her house...and yes they do park over peoples drives and garage entrances...for supposed intelligent doctors and health workers most of them are very ignorant...one day my daughter rang me and said she was having trouble with her car, I ran it down the hill to bump start it for her about 20 yards reversed back up the road only to see some t%&t trying to reverse into the space in between the bins I put there to save the space...:rant:

This happens all over Sheffield because people are too lazy to park on their own driveways or they have 2 or 3 cars. Some people don't care where they park at all, they have no understanding about the distance needed to get a lorry, van or bus through. I live in the Woodthorpe area and some roads are absolutely cluttered, my mother lives in Intake and her road is horrendous, cars parked directly across from each other all the way up the street even on corners restricting vision. I don't think there are any rules anymore about parking except for double yellows etc. Who actually polices it nowadays. With so many cuts to the police etc l don't think anyone has time or cares. SCC wardens might pick on you regularly in the city centre or on main routes but they don't care about where people park. Nowadays Sheffield (all over) reminds me of Italy or morocco where people just don't give a toss and park anywhere not giving a thought about common sense. It is just a reflection of the society we live in nowadays!

This happens all over Sheffield because people are too lazy to park on their own driveways or they have 2 or 3 cars. Some people don't care where they park at all, they have no understanding about the distance needed to get a lorry, van or bus through. I live in the Woodthorpe area and some roads are absolutely cluttered, my mother lives in Intake and her road is horrendous, cars parked directly across from each other all the way up the street even on corners restricting vision. I don't think there are any rules anymore about parking except for double yellows etc. Who actually polices it nowadays. With so many cuts to the police etc l don't think anyone has time or cares. SCC wardens might pick on you regularly in the city centre or on main routes but they don't care about where people park. Nowadays Sheffield (all over) reminds me of Italy or morocco where people just don't give a toss and park anywhere not giving a thought about common sense. It is just a reflection of the society we live in nowadays!

Not actually about parking but in answer to your query, my brother has a personal number plate on his car and has had for the last ten years, a few weeks ago he went to get in his car only to find a ticket on his windscreen informing him that the number plate letters were spaced incorrectly and he was to be fined for it.

The ticket was timed at 03.00 AM. so someone must patrol the estate roads overnight looking for motoring offences.

Fair enough. At least she could expect parking tickets if people park where they haven't paid. If they don't want to pay for permits then I can't think of any other ideas.

There's nothing to stop anyone parking there, it might be her house, but the road isn't part of the deal. I could drive over now from s6 and park right in front of her house and leave it there and there's not much she can do about it. I had the same problem in Hillsborough and there is nothing really popular around there :)

Even if they did object the point wouldn't change. Do you think if they built a 20 storey car park with enough spaces for everyone who works there and enough for visitors, that it would be any less than £5? I doubt it, and the problem might lessen, but not be removed.

I was having physio there for about 3 months...weekly. I had to pay £2.70 every time l went. l was only there for maximum of 20 minutes...however at £2.70 for 4 hours isn't too bad. I think it is about £4.50 for 11 hours...a crazy system.

I was having physio there for about 3 months...weekly. I had to pay £2.70 every time l went. l was only there for maximum of 20 minutes...however at £2.70 for 4 hours isn't too bad. I think it is about £4.50 for 11 hours...a crazy system.

I think it could be argued that paying to park in the hospital is a crazy system, but that pricing strategy isn't crazy.