Double parking on barnsley rd towards lane top s5

i think the OP has used confused a lot of people with the phrase double-parking?

He/she means cars parked on both sides of the road.

Now the NHS staff who are doing this (and i know it is NHS staff for a fact) are not breaking any laws because the double yellows don't extend to up Barnsley Road that far.

BUT, they are creating a massive problem because traffic cannot pass safely simultaneously both ways as the road narrows considerably with cars parked both sides.

The hospital management have a lot to answer for. But do they care? Judging by the brand of the cars i see in the staff car park, the management get their spaces on site!

Fancypants shouldn't be so anal ( :o )

I for one have never seen two cars parked side by side on the same side of the road. "Double parking" for most means cars parked directly opposite each other, narrowing the road.

who has got proof that its to do with the hospital?? because as far as im aware i have too noticed it but only when the school car park\playground is jam packed full with cars!!! irresponsible parents would be to blame AGAIN i think!

who has got proof that its to do with the hospital?? because as far as im aware i have too noticed it but only when the school car park\playground is jam packed full with cars!!! irresponsible parents would be to blame AGAIN i think!

It's probably both, NHS parking up on ONE side in the morning, a few cars move throughout the day...then the mid-afternoon Mummmy-Taxi squad arrive and there aren't enough free spaces, if they're not spot on time for picking up spaces it's fair to say they'll double park and sod it, and seeing as there'll be shifts of NHS staff coming in to the NGH, they'll be vying for spots also....bottle necks occur on what should be clear roads, bloomin' ridiculous!

Fancypants shouldn't be so anal ( :o )

I for one have never seen two cars parked side by side on the same side of the road. "Double parking" for most means cars parked directly opposite each other, narrowing the road.

What is that supposed to mean ? :loopy:

You obviously don't like to be proven wrong. Grow up!!

I live at Lane top and we have had parking problems from the hospital for years there, they extended the yellow lines a few years ago so they now have started parking further up the road and in some parts on both sides of the road some even parking facing the oncoming traffic,my daughter lives on Horndean road they have to put the bins and road cones on the road just to get a parking space on their road,you can tell they are staff from the hospital as you can see the NHS badges in the cars...

So, to summarise, no one is double parked, it may, or may not, be staff from NGH and it has nothing to do with NGH managers.

Any bets as to whom the op will apologise?

What is that supposed to mean ? :loopy:

You obviously don't like to be proven wrong. Grow up!!

I didn't mean to cause any offence.

It doesn't matter who is doing it, just that the people that are doing it are being inconsiderate, but then if they didn't do it, someone else would just do it.

The yellow lines / restrictions just need extending along that entire stretch to make it properly safe.

What makes it worse is that some people that park their cars there don't even bother to get right up against the kerb so become even more of an obstruction.

double parking means parking alongside another car on the offside. Doesnt it?? To double park.

I for one have never seen two cars parked side by side on the same side of the road.

It's supposed to be common practice in certain locations on a Friday. :)