Carboot Mega Thread 2015

I like the Tesco carboot, got some great stuff from it.

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 22:59 ----------

Hi, does anyone have any feedback on our first carboot of the year on Sunday at Thorpe Hesley and High Green CC?

Thanks

Frank

It was good though I think the rain scared some sellers away.

Hi, does anyone have any feedback on our first carboot of the year on Sunday at Thorpe Hesley and High Green CC?

Thanks

Frank

Not as many sellers as normal, think the forecast put them off. Hopefully this Sunday's will be better.

It depends what you want from a car boot. Not everyone will ever be happy. I like the Tesco car boot, it's not too big and some weeks are better than others. I think the days of finding a moorcroft for 50p are long gone. Most people use other platforms such as eBay and Gumtree to sell their more expensive items.

If you ask people to pay more than a pound for anything they look at you in disgust. In my opinion the majority of people want things for 50p or 20p. What can you get for that?

The ladies that run it do a good job ��

Absolutely agree. It is ok, well-run and it is good that it is hard-standing in case of bad weather. The organisers do a good job, but can't guarantee the quality of items that the sellers bring. Its as well to get there as early as possible- before 7am, as of course the best things go quickly. If you don't have chance to go to the bigger out-of-town ones, its fine. If you don't like it, don't go--but lots of people still do.

Thanks

Frank

Hi i stood was great until the rain i got wet through and so did my booty but even though i was back home by 9.45 i did really well . Think the forecast put some people off but still a good turn out regardless .

Hoping to stand this Sunday too its always a well run,friendly car boot so heres hoping for better weather im not bothered as long as its dry .

Thanks

Frank

Fine as usual but just needed more sellers, with stuff I wanted to buy.

I went to the Tesco car boot been going for years it has its ups and downs but it does raise money for charity and like all carboots one mans junk is an other mans treasure ,ive had good and bad days at this boot but you got to take you will have them days

.I do remember names you have commented negatively about this one and others before but you have come back

if you dont like it stay away

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 19:47 ----------

Lol 'You do remember names?' who are you?, the Tesco mafia?!

.I do remember names you have commented negatively about this one and others before but you have come back

if you dont like it stay away

---------- Post added 26-05-2015 at 19:47 ----------

Lol 'You do remember names?' who are you?, the Tesco mafia?!

No but you are always quick with the negative not just about this ones but others aswell just don't take away all the good work done for charity

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 19:01 ----------

I went to the Tesco car boot been going for years it has its ups and downs but it does raise money for charity and like all carboots one mans junk is an other mans treasure ,ive had good and bad days at this boot but you got to take you will have them days

Thanks for the comment glad someone understands how carboots work

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 19:04 ----------

Absolutely agree. It is ok, well-run and it is good that it is hard-standing in case of bad weather. The organisers do a good job, but can't guarantee the quality of items that the sellers bring. Its as well to get there as early as possible- before 7am, as of course the best things go quickly. If you don't have chance to go to the bigger out-of-town ones, its fine. If you don't like it, don't go--but lots of people still do.

Thanks for the feedback glad to see you're happy with what we do

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 19:19 ----------

Thanks everyone who has replied about Tesco carboot. We hsve tried hard ovrr the years, and raised thousands for charity .I know we will never get the same turnout as Oldcoats or Hope but we do our best on the licence we have.

As long as we keep getting sellers and buyers we will keep going and without you we couldn't do it.

next one is planned for 21st June

Tesco car boot sale is handy to get to and like all car boot sales is better some days than others.

Now the weather is getting better I am sure there will be more sellers in the future.

Tesco car boot sale is handy to get to and like all car boot sales is better some days than others.

Now the weather is getting better I am sure there will be more sellers in the future.

Yes exactly. Look forward to the next one on the 21st!

Its just a shame that they allow counterfeiters to stand.

Its just a shame that they allow counterfeiters to stand.

Yep, nothing wrong with cash going to charity, but a blind eye is turned to the fake DVD seller (We all know who this is) and fag sellers.

Not to mention the 'traders' selling faulty Argos returns that you can buy on a pallet for £100!