Carboot Mega Thread 2015

Really sorry I was getting mixed up with the Chesterfield stadium one!

not been to new York yet but £2 is too steep for parking ,though any car boot is better than marsh lane where only 14 sellers where there on sunday 6th june where near 200 where selling at Hillsborough on same day ,they charge for young children too at marsh lane one I shall give a miss.

Rotherham New York one I went Sunday weather was poor they was about 20 cars

The car park is a bit of a walk and £2 is over priced but I can see this one doing well

Saturday Car Boot! Permission given by Sheffield City Council.

Malin Bridge Primary School PTA last Car Boot Sale this summer (Meridith Road entrance, Hillsborough, S6)

Saturday 4th July 2015 10 am - 12pm. (Gates open at 9am for set-up.) COST: £5 in advance, £7.50 on the gate.

Pre book a pitch, you can either email pta@malinbridge.sheffield.sch.uk or pop in to the school office.

We will be back for more Car Boots next spring!!! watch this space!

Highmoor Farm

Highmoor Farm, Cinder Lane, Killamarsh, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S21 2ATU

Type: Outdoor

Held on: Saturday

Seller start time: 9:00am

Buyer arrival time: 10.30am

From/To: Jun to Oct

Frequency: Regular

Seller fee: Car sellers £6.00 Van sellers £8.00

Entry fee: Adult entry £0.00 Child entry £0.00

Refreshments: Yes

Toilets: Yes

Disabled access: Yes

Disabled parking: Yes

Disabled toilets: Yes

Average no. of sellers: No details

Operators name: No details

Contact telephone: 01142485608

Carboot Tesco Infirmary Road

21st June and 28th June

01143586807 for booking your pitch

Site is hardstanding

It's been going quite a while now. I think it's a good one

Hi i popped over to New York stadium last Sunday as its local to me it was its first week and think myself £10 is far too expensive for a car when its in its early stages as a boot ,they are only charging £12 for vans which i feel is unfair as if youve got a transit you get more room plus obviously more stuff .

When we arrived at 10am there was only 10 cars and two were already packing up plus plenty of cars did a u turn when they realised it was £2 to park apparently the guy running it expected 300 cars/vans to stand and has blamed it on the weather but when i stood Thorpe Hesley last one there was 15 of us stood and weather was terrible . Think this guy needs to be realistic if he reduced the price plenty would stand and it could be built into a fab Carboot id definately stand then he can put his prices up when its established .

I can't get out to car boots these days so I've been using Onlinecarbooty.com which is a good alternative. It runs online and starts every Sunday at 3pm. It shows local stalls first and usual a few in the Sheffield area. :cool:

Marsh lane was rubbish today freezing cold. £10 for cars bowshaw is round the corner they charge only £6.00. People those avoid marsh lane don't miss much. Only three lanes today and it's always freezing cold up there. New car boot Rotherham stadium hard standing and staff are polite and lovely. Marsh lane is out of my car boots list.

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 13:09 ----------

Very disappointed this morning when we turned up to Marsh Lane to find out it had been cancelled.

Organiser can't be bothered to let anyone know when they cancel.

couldn't agree more marsh lane 1 of worst car boots going and people are voting with there feet and not going .what car boot charges for young children to buy? they do. once marsh lane had 300-400 sellers a few years back until they got greedy not it takes 5mins to look around. as for new York car boot that could be very successful if the people running it had a clue, £2 to park,£10 to stand is too much for a new car boot they need to get it going by free parking and fiver to stand then it would rival keepmoat and chesterfield car boot. heard a lot of complaints about it

couldn't agree more marsh lane 1 of worst car boots going and people are voting with there feet and not going .what car boot charges for young children to buy? they do. once marsh lane had 300-400 sellers a few years back until they got greedy not it takes 5mins to look around. as for new York car boot that could be very successful if the people running it had a clue, £2 to park,£10 to stand is too much for a new car boot they need to get it going by free parking and fiver to stand then it would rival keepmoat and chesterfield car boot. heard a lot of complaints about it

Went to New York Car Boot, total waste of time. They are charging too much to stand and to park. One of the stall holders was telling the others about Thorpe Hesley Car Boot, which is on next weekend so to be honest think the one in Rotherham next week will be even worse. Everyone there was complaining, about the costs.

Yes Rotherham was disappointing. There were 8 cars selling. The £2 to park is excessive but maybe they need it for the staff wages - there must have been at least 6 staff running it! Also the long walk from the buyers car park to the sellers was not good, especially as there were dozens of car park spaces right next to the sellers.