2016 rod licence increase.

Has anyone yet received their reminders to purchase 2015 Fishing Licence???

Would be interested to find out this years cost..IAN

Same as last year, 27 quid or 18 for concessions.

Personally I would like to see a 6 month license option as I tend to fish mainly in the warmer weather and my season tends to be from April to September. After this, the fishing tends to get poor and the daylight isn't long enough. If the license fee increases I think the 6 month option would do well.

Personally I would like to see a 6 month license option as I tend to fish mainly in the warmer weather and my season tends to be from April to September. After this, the fishing tends to get poor and the daylight isn't long enough. If the license fee increases I think the 6 month option would do well.

spot on, why should we not have that option, they do them for a day and a week, don't they. and they will sell at least two licenses, you and me.

I don't think a six month licence was mentioned but it would be a good option for some.

I think there was talk of licences starting from when you buy plus dropping the junior licence until kids are 18.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 16:39 ----------

So the Angling Trust's claim that it's unfair for Carp and specimen anglers having to buy two licences to fish with three rods. Do you think they are right.

Allowing juniors to fish licence free is a good idea to me.

The AT also claim that the Environment Agency should not have a drop in income from licences.

If the licence change goes ahead i.e. one licence for three rods plus minus the junior licence fee that would mean a substantial drop in income from licence sales.

How big a raise would the licence fee need to be when the AT say the EA should not lose out in licence monies.

The change may be good for multi rod users but not so good for us that can manage with one rod.

I don't know how many licences will be lost with the changes but you can bet the cost will more than cover the discrepancy.

You can bet your life more folk will be unhappy with the change than those who will smile.

one of the reasons i stopped carping this year was so i wouldnt need 2 licenses.

one of the reasons i stopped carping this year was so i wouldnt need 2 licenses.

With all due respect stealthy, instead of giving up carp fishing to save buying an extra licence why not fish with just two rods? I do a bit of specimen fishing and have never felt the need to fish three or four rods.

One option I would like to see is the choice of licences e.g one rod= £15, two rods = £30, three rods = £45 etc.

I said 1 of the reasons not the main reason. Main reason is I've totally lost interest in it. I'm going back to rivers and match fishing. I've done every type of fishing besides fly and I'll be doing that this year.

With all due respect stealthy, instead of giving up carp fishing to save buying an extra licence why not fish with just two rods? I do a bit of specimen fishing and have never felt the need to fish three or four rods.

One option I would like to see is the choice of licences e.g one rod= £15, two rods = £30, three rods = £45 etc.

I like your idea Charliewag, a good option for most.

Being a good option for most will never be good for the EA as they need more cash and government funds are to be cut would you believe.

I wonder who will pay.

people think fisherman have bottomless pockets be honest. i dont mind paying as long as the money is going back into the conservation of fish and better quality fishing.

problem is there are lot of people cant be bothered getting a license (and i'm not just talking about foreigners) and get away with it. cant remember the last time anyone checked my actual fishing license.

Do the EA actually check licenses and prosecute those that dont have them or just let the fisherman with a conscience buy them for the sake of it ?

I for 1 dont really care what it costs for a licence, I just want to be able to go fishing without trying to dodge the ea, get a licence.

people think fisherman have bottomless pockets be honest. i dont mind paying as long as the money is going back into the conservation of fish and better quality fishing.

problem is there are lot of people cant be bothered getting a license (and i'm not just talking about foreigners) and get away with it. cant remember the last time anyone checked my actual fishing license.

Do the EA actually check licenses and prosecute those that dont have them or just let the fisherman with a conscience buy them for the sake of it ?

I don't know if all the rod licence fees goes back into fishing and I don't really care.

I have no idea where the driving licence fees go, not roads.

And the TV licence certainly from what I see doesn't go into making new programs with all the repeats that are shown on BBC.

I for 1 dont really care what it costs for a licence, I just want to be able to go fishing without trying to dodge the ea, get a licence.

I agree Richie I'm not built for dodging the EA, I certainly wouldn't if I was.

I think the vast majority of anglers think the same.