Tramlines on the Ponderosa

I thought tower blocks were now all secure entry so you couldn't have a quick pee in the stairwell or the lift?

You now have to stand on tippy toes and pop the old chap through the letter box. As for the ladies,well,maybe some kind of handstand................

its great that parks are used,if they don't charge a entry fee its great,i prefer to have

festivals like ours at lowedges ,where we offer many kinds of entertainment,from music

to the huge re-enactments and farmers market and funfair and classic cars,but open spaces need to be used and scc need the income to help pay for the maintance of them,

so why not visit a few,you never know you could well enjoy the free day out.

I think it's good to make use of the green spaces in Sheffield, better than having it all on Dev Green. Just heard that Wu Tang Clan are playing too!

Moving the main event outside the city centre is the death knell for the event

RIP Tramlines

Interesting that the Tramlines people haven't bothered consulting with any of the local residents.

A very large, ticket only event that excludes almost all that live in Upperthorpe and Netherthorpe and brings no benefits to the area (no shops sell alcohol apart from Tesco).

K.

Interesting that the Tramlines people haven't bothered consulting with any of the local residents.

A very large, ticket only event that excludes almost all that live in Upperthorpe and Netherthorpe and brings no benefits to the area (no shops sell alcohol apart from Tesco).

K.

Why does tramlines exclude almost all that live in Upperthorpe and Netherthorpe?

RIP Tramlines

Why would that be?

Why would that be?

Moving the main stage of the event outside the inner ring road, whilst most of the other events taken place within it, can hardly be classed as a masterstroke in my book

Why does tramlines exclude almost all that live in Upperthorpe and Netherthorpe?

Because the people who live in the area are not the target market for an event live this. Especially those who live in the estates closest to the Ponderosa, I've seen this at the almost annual Peace in the Park event.

K.

I see moving the main-stage up to The Ponderosa as a bad thing.

It is too far from the rest of the venues.

If you wanted to see a band at Plug then at the main stage you're looking at 25 minutes walk.

Also I think the trams are off that week in that area, I could be wrong on that though

Trams were of last year too but less of an issue when the event is in the centre of town

RIP Tramlines

The main stage is moving out of the city centre because it was always at capacity. Tramlines has a history stages in parks just outside the city centre and they have always been well attended and supported by the local community. It will see a further split down the fringe and popular events but I hope the local pubs can get into the spirit of Tramlines and bring some fringe events near to the main arena.