Group guitar lessons?

Hi all

Not sure whether group lessons are a good idea or not, but it's something that would suit me as one of the things I need to overcome is getting over the fear or playing in front of others, and also because I'm new to Sheffield and looking to meet new people. I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything? I've been playing for a couple of years now and have the basics but am at the stage of wanting to learn more theory and how it all works, including the old scales.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan.

I run an acoustic night at the Old Crown on Handsworth every Monday night and you are welcome to join us.

Derek

There's a chap called Lou Marriot who runs group guitar lessons I think on a Wednesday night upstairs in the Commercial Pub in Chapeltown. Give him a ring or the pub to confirm this . .

I go to Lou's sessions on a Weds in Hillsborough, we play along to songs he picks but they are not lessons as such.

Another group of around 6 of us have been learning together for about a year and a half and meet on a Sunday at the Fat Cat pub. Message me if you are interested. We have mixed ability and some of us are singer/songwriters.

hi I am meet the similar kind of situation you met ,so maybe we can work together!

Hello all!

I teach guitar near Norfolk Park and would be very happy to do group lessons from here or a place of your choosing so long as it's not too far out of the centre (too far being more than 4 or so miles). I charge £15 for half an hour if there's a few of you so if you can get a group together I'd love to teach you. I mainly play jazzy stuff, folk and funk but teach everything on either electric or acoustic guitar. I've been playing since I was 8 and teaching for the last 4 years.

Please let me know if you get a group together and we can sort out some lessons!

Thanks,

Nye

hi I am meet the similar kind of situation you met ,so maybe we can work together!

Sorry, I didn't see your post sooner. Hope you found a group of guitar players. I've moved on to another group now.