Global windows - problems?

Hi everyone

Has anyone had problems with their windows/doors that this company have fitted?

We had ours fitted in Feb 2012 - after seeing my friends windows and her saying they were pleased with them.

They have been out several times to nearly every window and have had to fit new hinges on at least 2/3 and then 'lift' other windows as they catch on the bottom when trying to open them.

The lounge window board blew and warped a few months after they fitted it and they came out and sorted it - but there is still a draught!!

Also, does anyone else have the problem of the white silicone used to seal the windows inside - turning black?? I have mentioned this to the fitters and the company several times and they simply say that it is because the windows are so amazing and doing their job - the window can't breathe? - which is why the silicone is turning black. Tbh I don't believe that as it is not ALL windows - it would be more believable for the kitchen/bathroom window where there is steam etc - but surely not the lounge?

Not happy with this company at all. They came out just before xmas to fix one of the kitchen windows as it was catching on the bottom. Now the same window is draughty at the top and not a snug fit into the frame. They just seem to be coming to the problems and either a) not fixing them properly or long-term or b) not fixing them at all.

I would never entertain this company again. If our windows are giving us so many problems after just under 3 years - it doesn't look promising for their lifetime!! I wish I'd never heard of them!! :mad:

:suspect::suspect:And there you have your answer . no one. Just done me 2 properties /Very good cant fault them .:suspect::suspect:

Good..I'm pleased for you and everyone that hasn't had problems but unfortunately I have!:roll: But thanks for your post.:D

Edited by foxyflugel

This doesn't relate to Global Windows in particular but rather to the trade in general.

My son recently moved into his first house and I helped him to replace two double glazed units which had previously failed and contained moisture. The cost of replacing the whole window was prohibitive.

It was evident on removal that no spacers had been inserted at the base of the DG units and, hence their failure.

Despite being correctly measured, the larger of the new units wouldn't fit into the frame because fixing screws had been left with heads protruding, whereas they should have been countersunk and the frame was not squarely set into the wall. With a lot of adjustment and much patience we eventually managed to fit the units but the experience just reinforced my opinion that there are a lot of unprofessional and poorly skilled operators in this sector of the building trade.

As for Upvc doors and windows I wouldn't install them if I was offered money to do so. Our predecessors had the right idea using renewable timber.

echo.

Thanks for your reply echo.

I'm struggling to comprehend why, if this company is so perfect..why I'm having problems with my windows. I must have faulty ones or the people who post (I also read reviews before I purchased! ) are connected to the company in some way. Silicone turning black isn't exactly a unique experience I wouldn't have thought!:hihi:

Some firms can do good jobs and also bad jobs and you have picked a firm that falls into that category.

The sealant was more than likely not the best hence colour change.

The bigger companies are only interested in the money would be happy to take a look to try and resolve your problem

I've always been satisfied with their service and would recommend them

Try AK Glass in Doncaster, not the cheapest but they do a great job, I left the fitters to it and when I came back the windows were in and the house spotless, no problems since they were fitted two years ago.

The silicone turning black is down to condensation, which could explain why the hinges needed replacing so soon.

If it is condensation, is it just on the sealant or is it also on the walls, windows and frame?

If just the sealant then this could imply that the sealant was colder than the rest and therefore not fitted very well?

Is this company a member of a trade body? Could you approach them to see if they can help resolve the problem?

Hi everyone

Has anyone had problems with their windows/doors that this company have fitted?

We had ours fitted in Feb 2012 - after seeing my friends windows and her saying they were pleased with them.

They have been out several times to nearly every window and have had to fit new hinges on at least 2/3 and then 'lift' other windows as they catch on the bottom when trying to open them.

The lounge window board blew and warped a few months after they fitted it and they came out and sorted it - but there is still a draught!!

Also, does anyone else have the problem of the white silicone used to seal the windows inside - turning black?? I have mentioned this to the fitters and the company several times and they simply say that it is because the windows are so amazing and doing their job - the window can't breathe? - which is why the silicone is turning black. Tbh I don't believe that as it is not ALL windows - it would be more believable for the kitchen/bathroom window where there is steam etc - but surely not the lounge?

Not happy with this company at all. They came out just before xmas to fix one of the kitchen windows as it was catching on the bottom. Now the same window is draughty at the top and not a snug fit into the frame. They just seem to be coming to the problems and either a) not fixing them properly or long-term or b) not fixing them at all.

I would never entertain this company again. If our windows are giving us so many problems after just under 3 years - it doesn't look promising for their lifetime!! I wish I'd never heard of them!! :mad:

:hihi: Not sure of the date but this firm changed owners and the new owners prob not very good . The old owners then bought the firm back and now everything is fine. / Seems to me you were caught in the hands of the old regime so were a bit unlucky ./ As you had a 10 year guarantee get on there backs till youre sorted and satisfied :hihi: