Police Checks Arena Wednesday 11th Feb

What a nonsense.

“Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes.” This result is likely because subject under the influence of marijuana are aware of their impairment and compensate for it accordingly, such as by slowing down and by focusing their attention when they know a response will be required. This reaction is just the opposite of that exhibited by drivers under the influence of alcohol, who tend to drive in a more risky manner proportional to their intoxication.

Just because of this are you are saying is its ok to take drugs and drive?? Do you think they slow down because the are aware their reaction times are going to be slower. As for studies, we know alcohol studies have been going for a many number of years now, drug driving studies and the consequences is relatively new in comparison.

In my book anything that is going to cause you impairment,, alcohol, drugs etc is a recipe for disaster if you get behind a wheel.

Just because of this are you are saying is its ok to take drugs and drive?? Do you think they slow down because the are aware their reaction times are going to be slower. As for studies, we know alcohol studies have been going for a many number of years now, drug driving studies and the consequences is relatively new in comparison.

In my book anything that is going to cause you impairment,, alcohol, drugs etc is a recipe for disaster if you get behind a wheel.

Ive quite clearly specified a single drug and now you want to make it plural :roll:

There are loads of people with very slow reactions. Should they be banned?

How about driving in a bad mood? Or tiredness?

I think your book needs more work really

Ive quite clearly specified a single drug and now you want to make it plural :roll:

To be honest yes drivers who drive while tired should be banned! Its clearly dangerous for them and their fellow road users. And same for those that use mobile phones and even in spite of the ban still do.

To be honest yes drivers who drive while tired should be banned! Its clearly dangerous for them and their fellow road users. And same for those that use mobile phones and even in spite of the ban still do.

Are there roadside tests for how tired you are? Are the police doing that?

If you drive after 18 hours awake reactions are around the same as someone at the limit. After 24 hours its as if you drank half a bottle of scotch.

The fact is people have differing reaction times anyway so if thats your sole measure of driving capability then the test should be reaction based

Good for them ,I hope they catch loads,

I don't, because that would mean that loads of people are routinely driving whilst under the influence of drugs. You don't want that you do you?

I hope they catch no one, because nobody does it.

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 09:11 ----------

How tired exactly? A little bit sleepy, dead tired, long day tired, early morning tired?

Impossible to specify isn't it, which makes it impossible to do anything about. :roll:

I don't, because that would mean that loads of people are routinely driving whilst under the influence of drugs. You don't want that you do you?

How tired exactly? A little bit sleepy, dead tired, long day tired, early morning tired?

Impossible to specify isn't it, which makes it impossible to do anything about. :roll:

Not necessarily. You can do tests to see how drunk people are you know walk in a straight line etc. Surely those tests will work for tiredness as well.

oh sorry yes.. so what you mean is driving with a cannaboid in your system is ok? :(

My book is clear, anyone with drink or drugs in their system or is impaired should not be driving!!

oh sorry yes.. so what you mean is driving with a cannaboid in your system is ok? :(

My book is clear, anyone with drink or drugs in their system or is impaired should not be driving!!

Unfortunately according to our communist friends in the RMT its ok to drive a tube while drunk

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-tube-strikes-workers-vote-to-walkout-over-sacking-of-driver-who-failed-alcohol-breath-test-10036632.html

That would be for a court to decide as per the Great Heck rail crash.

Yes. It's called a driving test. Drivers unable to react appropriately will be failed.

Yes. It's called a driving test. Drivers unable to react appropriately will be failed.

:roll:

Sure that emergency stop was timed to the nanosecond :roll:

Further how long ago and how many changes in your body and reactions have occurred since you passed?

This post is just plain stupidity

What a nonsense.

“Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes.” This result is likely because subject under the influence of marijuana are aware of their impairment and compensate for it accordingly, such as by slowing down and by focusing their attention when they know a response will be required. This reaction is just the opposite of that exhibited by drivers under the influence of alcohol, who tend to drive in a more risky manner proportional to their intoxication.

Yep..lets all get stoned and drive..I'm sure the accident rate will tumble...wonder why governments don't make it compulsory..

Why didn't you include this bit..

"Although cannabis intoxication has been shown to mildly impair psychomotor skills, this impairment does not appear to be severe or long lasting. In driving simulator tests, this impairment is typically manifested by subjects decreasing their driving speed and requiring greater time to respond to emergency situations."

NORML isn't particularly unbiased either

http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-driving-a-review-of-the-scientific-evidence

"Laboratory studies have shown that cannabis compromises reaction time, attention, decision-making, time and distance perception, "

All the things you need for safe driving

https://ncpic.org.au/professionals/publications/factsheets/cannabis-and-driving/

From the same site

" A recent study on fatal driving crashes conducted a culpability (responsibility) analysis and concluded that cannabis users were significantly more culpable than non-cannabis users and the likelihood of being responsible for a crash increased with cannabis dose"

Edited by truman