Ski village the future

'Revitalising', choice use of a word if ever there was one.

Could mean a new ski-village (oh is that a pig I see flying past my second floor window) but more likely industrial units or more housing.

I'm thinking if someone were to put money into a new ski village they wouldn't be putting money into it in Sheffield. The council are obstructive and the locals are prone to be arsonists.

To be fair the place ran for 22 years, and by the time it shut it was totally surpassed by indoor 'real snow' facilities.

It's not got any future as a ski place thats for sure, and it's been the council standing in the way of development ever since it shut down.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 15:10 ----------

Wow, those are some crazy dudes. Fantastic video.

Looks like even The Star has caught onto it as well, and apparently ripped off the video at the same time (I wonder if they got permission to do that one???)

Looks like even The Star has caught onto it as well, and apparently ripped off the video at the same time (I wonder if they got permission to do that one???)

As the whole stunt was set up to generate publicity for the site I would imagine it was free to anyone who cared to share it.

As the whole stunt was set up to generate publicity for the site I would imagine it was free to anyone who cared to share it.

They'd probably want their website promoted for it then.

http://snowsportforsheffield.co.uk/

To be fair the place ran for 22 years, and by the time it shut it was totally surpassed by indoor 'real snow' facilities.

It's not got any future as a ski place thats for sure, and it's been the council standing in the way of development ever since it shut down.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 15:10 ----------

Of course they dont need permission, even the big national dailies run stories from guff they find on YouTune, or Vimeo, or Vine, or Twitter, or Facebook....

They'd probably want their website promoted for it then.

http://snowsportforsheffield.co.uk/

A quote from the site:

"Snowsport For Sheffield are a working group of professional individuals"

Trouble is that site doesn't tell you who those individuals are and for some reason wont make it public.

They claim they want to "Cement Sheffield's place as the 'City of Sport',".

Is that still true? Glasgow and Cardiff also make claims to that title. But I wonder if its Birmingham or Manchester as there seems to be far more sports happening there, much of it televised.

Yea but we can host the 'Urban Ghetto Olympics'

This is what they should do with the ski village.............they'd make so much money in the summer that they could close when its cold. :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3135997/Would-brave-Incredible-video-shows-bikini-clad-revellers-flying-gigantic-Royal-Flush-water-slide-Texas.html

Don't spend a penny on it, let mother nature take it back

be a bonus if they spent some dosh on footy pitchs up there n changing rooms at back of ski place lol council make loads off footy teams playing on em

because footie pitches work best on a hill?

:loopy:The Football pitches are at back of the ski village , where bike track is etc :roll: