Ski village the future

I cant see it ever happening.

On of the biggest problems is access to the area via Douglass Road and negotiating the narrow height restricted bridge. Unless new access is made then getting to it will always be a stumbling block.

Do you think access could be made from the top off of Shirecliffe/Cookswood road?

I'd love this place to be a permanent theme park with a revitalised ski'in facility, not sure how practical a big wheel would be on there, but the other attractions I have in mind e.g like a suspended roller coaster/all weather super slides etc, farm shop, plus lots more, would give jobs to the travelers etc

permanent Shirecliffe theme park?

How about one of these?

We'd attract visitors from all over the country!!

How about one of these?

We'd attract visitors from all over the country!!

only if wetsuit hire came in the price- otherwise you'd have a very short season!

Do you think access could be made from the top off of Shirecliffe/Cookswood road?

No not really, I think the top end is too far from any roads and it would have to go through a park? which also is part of green belt land.

This is on my Bucket List.....

The Longest Toboggan Run In The World (Churwalden / Switzerland)

They'll struggle to get anything done there now that there's a well established gypsy camp there.

Dry ski slopes had their day years ago. Indoor real snow facilities like Castleford have long succeeded them.

Anything that's an improvement on the all night rave held about 3 weeks ago. I could hear the noise (too old to call it music) at Lower Walkley

They'll struggle to get anything done there now that there's a well established gypsy camp there.

Dry ski slopes had their day years ago. Indoor real snow facilities like Castleford have long succeeded them.

Yes, the Ski Village's future looks downhill all the way.

Thought Halifax was doing OK.