401 Error - Authentication Required

I have done enough looking and what I want to do is to change my wireless router channel. However when I try to select something from my router setting web page, it says "Authentication Required" I have looked up various websites and it all seems a simple step by step, however on my control panel - User Accounts - at the bottom it says something different from the websites that I have seen, I have windows 7 by the way so why does on the CP - User account page say "Change User Account Control Settings" - Which I have already done and restarted my laptop as it requests for the action to work I am still seeing that stupid box on my router settings "Authentication Required" which has a password and a user name password but is NOT my windows log in password and Windows user name.

On the other websites it states and I have seen pictures that it indicates "Turn user account control ON or OFF" so why isn't this on my User Accounts ?

Please help whizz kids.

Ever since someone who lives near on has got a router it seems to be interfering to mine, online gamine for instance keeps loosing the server to the host and it's very annoying. Someone mentioned that the router has to be set on a different wireless channel which I am in the process of doing once I get that Account Control thing off so that box no longer appears.

The router has its own username and password ;)

So considering that you don't know this, it is probably the standard as provided when you first got it. Usually something liked "admin" and "password" although that is difficult to tell as we don't know which router you have.

When you have access to the router, please please please, also change that password! Having the standard combination means that anybody with a bit of knowledge can hack your entire network.

your router has nothing to do with windows control panel and user accounts. Routers are accessed via a normal webpage.

Open your prefered browser and put in your routers IP address. This varies but try 192.168.0.1.

enter your routers username and password. Make the changes and save.

Yes I have now sussed it. Password changed, My router did have a different password on it but after a few restarts it goes back to the default password which I had totally forgotten which it was.

Cheers anyway.