Akbars New Sheffield Restaurant - West One

The New Akbars is where Antibos used to be in West One. It is real Akbars not that god awful imposter place. It's good food! Good service and to book you can email [email protected] I did it the other week.

We went for a birthday meal on Monday evening and it was very busy. We found the food good though slightly hotter than we are used to. The family garlic naan was gorgeous and huge. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated and the service was second to non. I was the birthday girl and I was given a huge golden throne to sit on and a birthday ice cream sundae with a very large indoor firework stuck in it and the waiters sang to me and took an instant photo which was presented to me in a card to take home. Perhaps not the most authentic food but well worth a visit and we'll definitely be going again.

Edited by mrs grissom
autocorrect fail

I tried to book for this coming Saturday for two people and was told bookings only taken for 8 people or over! its 1st come 1st served under 8 people.

I was given a huge golden throne to sit on and a birthday ice cream sundae with a very large indoor firework stuck in it and the waiters sang to me and took an instant photo which was presented to me in a card to take home.

Tells me all I need to know. Not for me!

I went in last night the place was packed was told it would be around an hour before we could be seated so we decided to stick it out they have a nice bar and plenty of seating so was not a problem and yes we was shown to our table around an hour later! From then on the service was quick and everything is run like clockwork the food was decent too will be going again.

I've visited a lot of curry houses within my life time its good enought for me but everybody's taste is different! Best try it for yourself.

Edited by allwednesday

From experience, the Pakistanis that Ive worked with over the years always go there when they go out (Meadowbank). They say it's the most authentic Indian/Pakistani eatery around.

Have visited many curry houses in Sheffield over the years and Akbars Meadowbank is my favourite.

Only reason I don't go that often is the distance.

Looking forward to visiting the new one.

myself and a few work colleagues went to akbars on tuesday evening after work. Have no complaints about the place - everyone enjoyed their meals. Staff were very welcoming and attentive to customers - there were also several indian/pakistani familes also there at the same time as we were. I think that speaks volumes really.

I would definatley recommend going , and will certainly be going back in the future.:)

myself and a few work colleagues went to akbars on tuesday evening after work. Have no complaints about the place - everyone enjoyed their meals. Staff were very welcoming and attentive to customers - there were also several indian/pakistani familes also there at the same time as we were. I think that speaks volumes really.

I would definatley recommend going , and will certainly be going back in the future.:)

I always laugh at comments like this, there are loads of English people eating English fodder in places like Elmwood Farm, doesn't make them anygood though. Akbars is totally average and must be the most overrated eating place in the area.

I always laugh at comments like this, there are loads of English people eating English fodder in places like Elmwood Farm, doesn't make them anygood though. Akbars is totally average and must be the most overrated eating place in the area.

the reason i put this is because i have rarely seen many indian/pakistani families in chain Indian restaurants (could be i just dont get out enough :hihi:)