Does anyone watch Sheffield Live TV?

I used to get it on Virgin but I cancelled that, can't get it on Freeview for some reason.

tbh I only tuned in occasionally just to watch the hilariously inept news readers trying and failing to read and speak at the same time. Occasionally they'd have the one chap who was quite normal, which was immensely disappointing.

My favourites were "monotone woman" and the fella who struggled with names, pronouncing Chris Maguire as "Magweery".

I like the two DJs forgot the name of the programme but Its good to have on in the background sometimes

I like the two DJs forgot the name of the programme but Its good to have on in the background sometimes

, perhaps?

I used to watch some of the music segments last year but it soon got boring, has anyone here ever advertised with them? I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if it would generate a good return.

I used to watch some of the music segments last year but it soon got boring, has anyone here ever advertised with them? I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if it would generate a good return.

I noticed that someone else on this thread had mentioned advertising a while back:

...The highlight is hard to see adverts by local businesses dubbed with suitably none commercial music...

... This piqued my interest, so I tuned in a couple of weeks back to check out an ad break for myself.

On Saturday 18 February 2017, 19:55–20:00, the following ads were run: BT; Persil; Lemsip; Nurofen; Ibuprofen; Virgin Health; BT (again).

I'm not sure how this helps you, Kieran, but it does show that the station attracts a reasonable amount of advertising.

Sheffield Live have had their wrists slapped

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/115046/issue-356-broadcast-on-demand-bulletin.pdf

Page 12.

A word of warning that OFCOM publish some naughty words in this document. 24 times in 20 minutes pre-watershed is some going :D

I didn't even realise they had a TV side with the radio stuff. What kind of things do they cover?

Sheffield Live have had their wrists slapped

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/115046/issue-356-broadcast-on-demand-bulletin.pdf

Page 12.

A word of warning that OFCOM publish some naughty words in this document. 24 times in 20 minutes pre-watershed is some going :D

There must have been enough people tuned in to watch it, to be able to pick it up and complain, in order for Ofcom to look in to it...

it's not like they sit and monitor every program on every channel at all times...

and if there was enough people tuned in to watch it, then you could generally assume they would know who the Everly Pregnant Brothers were, and indeed what they were like, and so I ask what did they expect of the show, totally clean and no swearing?

something's not right here... not sure what tho....

I am shocked and stunned.....

to hear Sheffield Live TV is still on air...:hihi: