Does anyone watch Sheffield Live TV?

Hello sorry yes it is on freeview I thought it would have been a lot better than what it is

Well it's now available on freeview. Have you seen it?

We've tuned in a few times. Maybe we'd see a documentary about our history? Maybe a look around and interviews with our football teams. Or perhaps a boxing gym to meet young fighters. Or even some programs about our local industry or leisure alternatives. There's a lot of things happening.

Nope the last three times we've tuned in we've had this. Twice interviews with minority groups where they spoke in a foreign language. That excludes the vast majority of viewers for a start. Not even subtitles. I'm sure that the people who speak these languages also speak English, so why bother with the Urdu, or whatever it was. It was also entirely mind blowingly stupid for a councillor to participate in this, as we've just seen. Isn't it important that we can understand what his opinions are. Most of the people in Sheffield don't speak the language he was speaking?

Then a frequent offering is a couple of blokes stood at turntables playing music reminiscent of Donkey Man's late of Spital Hill..

The channel comes across as one as a a project by 6th form students who are obsessed by diversity.

It's only a matter of time before the channel disappears... hopefully. Utter garbage.

The highlight is hard to see adverts by local businesses dubbed with suitably none commercial music.

Sigh. What a shame an opportunity to broadcast local interests and topics has been lost. I wonder where they got the grants from to produce the tat came from?... :gag:

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 22:21 ----------

This should be moved to General. It's not entertainment.

I have had a few of my paintings shown on the channel. One of them still gets regularly shown. I know its only a small local channel but its still surreal to see it shown.

I do occassionally. I keep meaning to watch the 'Now Then', magazine bit on it.

Well it's now available on freeview. Have you seen it?

We've tuned in a few times. Maybe we'd see a documentary about our history? Maybe a look around and interviews with our football teams. Or perhaps a boxing gym to meet young fighters. Or even some programs about our local industry or leisure alternatives. There's a lot of things happening.

Nope the last three times we've tuned in we've had this. Twice interviews with minority groups where they spoke in a foreign language. That excludes the vast majority of viewers for a start. Not even subtitles. I'm sure that the people who speak these languages also speak English, so why bother with the Urdu, or whatever it was. It was also entirely mind blowingly stupid for a councillor to participate in this, as we've just seen. Isn't it important that we can understand what his opinions are. Most of the people in Sheffield don't speak the language he was speaking?

Then a frequent offering is a couple of blokes stood at turntables playing music reminiscent of Donkey Man's late of Spital Hill..

The channel comes across as one as a a project by 6th form students who are obsessed by diversity.

It's only a matter of time before the channel disappears... hopefully. Utter garbage.

The highlight is hard to see adverts by local businesses dubbed with suitably none commercial music.

Sigh. What a shame an opportunity to broadcast local interests and topics has been lost. I wonder where they got the grants from to produce the tat came from?... :gag:

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 22:21 ----------

This should be moved to General. It's not entertainment.

I agree fella, from what I have seen of the 'Sheffield Live' channel your comments are bang on, I will add to that by saying it's quite embarrassing !

I love the radio station though, a huge range of music and tastes....

...the last three times we've tuned in we've had this. Twice interviews with minority groups where they spoke in a foreign language. That excludes the vast majority of viewers for a start. Not even subtitles. I'm sure that the people who speak these languages also speak English, so why bother with the Urdu, or whatever it was...

Weekly Schedule here. Just two half-hour slots in Arabic (Mon/Tues) and one half-hour in Urdu (Thurs).

Channel 8, according to their website.

Channel 7 now.

I love the radio station though, a huge range of music and tastes....

I agree. As a music station, an excellent and refreshing change. Not a station though for those listeners who just want to hear the same stuff day in, day out.

I sometimes watch it when their is a Former/Current Blades player or manager on there.