Joining a pool team.. or even just friendly games

Hi all

Quite new to Sheffield and love a spot of the old pool. Anyone know a good way to join a team, or even just to practice a bit and play some not-too-serious games? I'm an ok player but haven't played in about a year now.

Dan

i have stumbled upon a group on facebook about pool... you can try that

Hi all

Quite new to Sheffield and love a spot of the old pool. Anyone know a good way to join a team, or even just to practice a bit and play some not-too-serious games? I'm an ok player but haven't played in about a year now.

Dan

I reckon find a good pub near you where people play, and just join in - whereabouts in Sheffield are you?

Hi both cheers for replies I'm around the broomhill area. I was going to send some PMs but I don't have enough posts so will go on a random posting mission! The Northumberland would be a good shout as it's just round the corner from me.

Hi both cheers for replies I'm around the broomhill area. I was going to send some PMs but I don't have enough posts so will go on a random posting mission! The Northumberland would be a good shout as it's just round the corner from me.

A couple of good pubs I know near you which have pool tables, worth trying out: the Nottingham House on Whitham Road, and the Cobden View Hotel on Cobden View Road - though that's more up towards Crookes.

The Byron a good place to go on a sat afternoon hey Vinice football and winner stays on to a nice level