Sheffield Star Contact

Does anyone have a contact at the Sheffield Star?

On short notice I am trying to get me and the partners events as much exposure as possible with a piece on what we are upto and why. Email will obviously not work now given how slow people respond and reception unfortunately cant help.

http://www.facebook.com/matanddebs

Thankyou

Does anyone have a contact at the Sheffield Star?

On short notice I am trying to get me and the partners events as much exposure as possible with a piece on what we are upto and why. Email will obviously not work now given how slow people respond and reception unfortunately cant help.

http://www.facebook.com/matanddebs

Thankyou

Its good that you are using Facebook but have you thought about trying twitter. There is a #sheffieldissuper hashtag that will retweet your post to all their followers.

Also its more widely used than the Sheffield Star.

The Star (and most papers) will be very quick at reading any email sent to the newsroom, they have to be otherwise it becomes yesterdays news and useless - however, they'll only get back to you or do anything about it if it's actually newsworthy, and knowing a contact there won't necessarily help you out, they'd not put unusable copy in front of their editor.

Read up a little on how to write a proper press release and send it to [email protected] and it'll have as much chance as any other approach in my opinion, have had a front page and lots of decent press hits from my releases in the past.

bx

I would give the Sheffield star a miss nobody reads or buys it , why not try the free papers you get on the buses think its called metro

you should write an article and send it in. it's surprising how many they will at least publish online if not put in the paper. they won't let you know though if it is going in - you just need to keep checking up

I would give the Sheffield star a miss nobody reads or buys it , why not try the free papers you get on the buses think its called metro

It does still get read, just not much, and stuff gets posted online too, which all helps with search engine results in the longer term. For publicity purposes you should be firing out to everything of course, the Telegraph, the little Peak papers, the local area ones like Burngreave Messenger, there's some magazines covering the SW area...umm, here:

http://www.heronpublications.co.uk/

get yourself a list compiled and whack your releases out to all of them. Eggs, baskets, that stuff....lots of little bits of readerships add up to lots of readers.