Good family solicitors..

Hi all

I'm on a hunt for a good family solicitor, residence order matters for a child. It will be paying (though not too much hopefully!) rather than legal aid. I would prefer a sensible calm solicitor as opposed to one who tends to the more aggressive.

I have read previous posts, many of which unfortunately contradict each other. Anyone got any good recent recommendations? I'm after a person rather than a firm of solicitors, as it is often the individual who makes the difference.

Thanks very much everyone

regards

G

There are many recent threads on this matter, would be worth while doing a search. But I would recommend Woskow Brown down Attercliffe

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there area lots of threads, and I have gone through them. Sadly, they can/do contradict each other! What I'm really after is a specific solicitor, as it is generally just one solicitor that handles the case. Although a firm may be good one year, they may not be so effective the next as the 'good' solicitor has moved firms. I've picked up from other threads that Demelza Wrigley is recommended. Anyone know of any other individuals?

thanks very much

G

I refer my clients to Debbie Tickle of Best Solicitors. I can't recommend her highly enough. The less expensive route would be to get 'Your Mackenzie Friend' involved. They were a para legal and solicitor made redundant after the legal aid legislation changed. PM me if you want more info. I have been through the process several times!

I refer my clients to Debbie Tickle of Best Solicitors. I can't recommend her highly enough. The less expensive route would be to get 'Your Mackenzie Friend' involved. They were a para legal and solicitor made redundant after the legal aid legislation changed. PM me if you want more info. I have been through the process several times!

You having a laugh Best Solicitors? The same Best Solicitors who have been slated by a High Court judge for allowing their client to lie for 2 years? (I should add that she now has to pay all the Legal Aid back....and I have a letter that says that as well)

The same Best Solicitors that claimed (including in court) never to have spoken to Sheffield Social Services except to ask where a report was, yet a court order against Social Services showed 50+ phone calls from Best Solicitors and emails sent to Best Solicitors by their client forwarded to Social Services?

The same Best Solicitors currently under investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Legal Aid Agency?

The same Best Solicitors where certain solicitors discuss their clients by name and case with people in the pub which can be overheard by everyone?

I won't continue but if you require proof I have loads of it.

If I was recommending anyone it would be Howells. They have helped me out a lot over the past few months

Edited by SYorksDeano

You having a laugh Best Solicitors? The same Best Solicitors who have been slated by a High Court judge for allowing their client to lie for 2 years?

The same Best Solicitors that claimed never to have spoken to Social Services except to ask where the report was, yet a court order against Social Services showed 50+ phone calls and emails sent by their client forwarded to Social Services?

The same Best Solicitors currently under investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Legal Aid Agency?

I won't continue but if you require proof I have loads of it.

If I was recommending anyone it would be Howells. They have helped me out a lot over the past few months

totally agree with you i used Best solicitors , regarding my daughters who my x has custody of they are a joke !!

I used Best a couple of years ago for a custody issue and they were fantastic. Not sure what has gone off since. Very suprised to hear that things have gone south for them

My partner used Taylor and Emmet on Arundel Gate when she was going through difficulties with her ex partner. They did a good job , not the best at returning calls but putting that aside they were good at settling the case.

Thanks very much everyone for all this. It's always going to be a difficult and painful time, and I guess one side will always feel they won/lost which will colour people's opinions of particular solicitors. It's a minefield! At least Social care aren't involved (yet...).

regards

G

Would recommend Howells aswell.

As posted above mediation will have to be in there somewhere & there IS NO legal aid anymore for family matters

Thanks again guys. As for the recommendations of firms (eg Howells, Emmett and Taylor etc), are there any particular solicitors that you have had good experience of? I suspect these bigger firms will employ 20 plus solicitors in their family departments.

cheers

G