Dada shut down/Trippets re-opens

This will re-open as Trippets Wine Bar at the end of this month.

It was open tonight, candles on the tables, probably more of an eatery than a drinking den.

It was open tonight, candles on the tables, probably more of an eatery than a drinking den.

Don't suppose they have kept any of the crast keg lines? Or any nice bottles? Being a wine bar I don't suppose they will have cask... but I know many a wine bar that caters for the discrening beer lover too...

Don't suppose they have kept any of the crast keg lines? Or any nice bottles? Being a wine bar I don't suppose they will have cask... but I know many a wine bar that caters for the discrening beer lover too...

Estrella and Kirin are the only beers on tap.

Went in on Saturday night, very nice inside and way more appealing than before.

It has a good range of gin and wine as well as snacks and small plates that sound interesting.

The thing that it might struggle with is price, it's not the cheapest of places and as we know Sheffied folk tend to vote with their wallets.

I will go again but not for more than 1 or 2 drinks and not regularly.

a bit of a saturated market. And if you're saturated in "hipster craft beer", good luck......

Estrella and Kirin are the only beers on tap.

Oh dear, really? Did you see if there was a decent bottle range?

I remember when the original Trippetts didnt sell beer (full stop) and closed when the last person left..

No I don't think there was anything a bit of a shame as they could have appealed to all markets

The fancy pipework for the keg lines is now up at Thornbridge brewery, shame, it was a lovely feature

I remember when the original Trippetts didnt sell beer (full stop) and closed when the last person left..

I remember when the old Trippetts ran out of wine one night...

I remember when Trippets was good... and Richard Hawley's rockabilly band used to play in there... and drinking with Joe Strummer till 4 in the morning... Don't think it'll ever be like that again!!! ;-)

This was the former Dada; I do hope Trippets will be able to do a variety of entertainment including both Jazz, other acoustic music and also standup comedy like they did when it was Dada; it has always been a popular venue when they have offered live entertainments.