HELP!! Dog continuously barking when owners go out!

speak to them again...if no help go to environmental health they will ask you to keep record of times and duration.(probabily best starting now to back your case up )..then they will set up a machine that will record when and how loud the disturbance is...if they feel it is needed they will take further action

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 18:07 ----------

Report them to the RSPCA, no wonder the poor thing barks. It looks as though it gets hardly any human contact and 10 hours on it's own without being to get out and relieve itself is totally not allowed as far as RSPCA goes. They don't deserve to be pet owners

as long as the animal has shelter warmth and access to food and water rspca wont do anything

Report them to the RSPCA, no wonder the poor thing barks. It looks as though it gets hardly any human contact and 10 hours on it's own without being to get out and relieve itself is totally not allowed as far as RSPCA goes. They don't deserve to be pet owners

unfortunatly the RSPCA will only come out now if a dog is in danger , they will have left water down for them so they will say its not neglect

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 18:18 ----------

Agree totally but they let it s"@" on their garden and don't take it out!

mine poop in the garden but are walked as well , are you sure they aren't walked ? sometimes ours are out very early in the morning long before anyone wakes up ? not many people have dogs and don't walk them sadly again this isn't classed as cruelty.

Speak to the neighbours again and if they fail to address the issue, make a recording and play it back loudly on a loop every time you go out. They might get the message then.

Already spoke to them and retorted "what can I do about it" also mentioned about the collars available but not interested. Come to the conclusion they know what it's like when they go out but don't give a s""@

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 18:31 ----------

Started recording this and I have downloaded the template for noise and how to record. Will put on the official paperwork have it in my diary. Don't get me wrong I know dogs bark just like bears s..t in the woods but there has to be a cut off point at some tome surely !

get a high powered sonic repellant

What exactly will that do? I know you shouldn't have to do this Shellbelle but could you not offer to let it out when you are there. When I had a dog and was working, although he was very placid and very rarely barked I still paid someone to let him out at lunch-times

Edited by denlin

We complained to our neighbours once so they played music to the dog when they left the house. Really loud, awful, awful music...

Yeah!

Already spoke to them and retorted "what can I do about it"

Tell them you will be taking the matter up with the council and environmental health.

Tell them you don't care 'What they do about it' because you will 'do something about it'

People tend to move pretty quick when they realise someone else it taking measures against them.

It's not a council house. Thought about environmental health. As for the retort the dog would be bored being left alone for 10 hours what about the owners responsibility of leaving it for 10 hours! Would any responsible animal owner leave their pet for 10 hours ? Think not!

Millions do I would imagine to go to work.

Millions do I would imagine to go to work.

Can't comment on the "millions" but I do know my daughters dog is left for eight hours while they are at work. They pay a dog walker to visit and take her out twice a day.

My own dog is never left for more than a couple of hours and I believe she happily curls up in her bed whilst I'm out.

This is very common, isn't it? There was that Mark Evans documentary recently which revealed that dog owners very often have no idea how stressful their pets find being left alone.

As for "what can I do", the documentary showed techniques that could help.

Research it for your neighbour, and give them the information.

Cheers to everyone who have took the time to comment on this post. Some useful advice given.