Crookes cemetery

I regularly walk through crookes cemetary with my dog, on a lead, and stick to the main path/paths. This morning i noticed a a poster on the gate saying dogs not allowed at all in the cemetary and to find an alternative route. I understand it is a place which demands respect etc.., but why punish sensible dog owners, by tarring them with the same brush as irresposible owners who walk their dogs off lead, and dont clean up after them:rant::rant:. Needless to say i didnt turn round to find another route.

They choose not to follow the rules, a bit like you now !

Just don't walk through there then??? Im sure you don't have to go through there do you. Why would you want to go for a stroll through a cemetery anyway?

Id imagine that the sign has been put up by the maintenance people who are getting fed up of cleaning it up or people visiting there relatives getting fed up of the dog mess.

Just find an alternative route to walk your dog, then everyone will be appy:D

The main path is also access to the allotments and a pathway to Crosspool, don't see how they can do this. Seems to be the usual petty stupidity that is now endemic in this country.

I would ignore this, don't let the jobsworths spoil your life, make them justify their actions.

The main path is also access to the allotments and a pathway to Crosspool, don't see how they can do this. Seems to be the usual petty stupidity that is now endemic in this country.

I would ignore this, don't let the jobsworths spoil your life, make them justify their actions.

You're right,they can't do this. Well,they can try! Just carry on as usual.

I regularly walk through crookes cemetary with my dog, on a lead, and stick to the main path/paths. This morning i noticed a a poster on the gate saying dogs not allowed at all in the cemetary and to find an alternative route. I understand it is a place which demands respect etc.., but why punish sensible dog owners, by tarring them with the same brush as irresposible owners who walk their dogs off lead, and dont clean up after them:rant::rant:. Needless to say i didnt turn round to find another route.

they ..who ever they are did this last year.....just carry on hun like i and plenty of others did,,,just as long as you keep your dog on a lead and respect the cemetery there is no one to answer to

It's not too far off the beaten track to take the little track off Marsh lane next to the allotments and it brings you out the other side of the cemetery, probably only two minutes longer.

Please watch your footing, it's full of dog dirt!!!

how come they can go in burngreave

Because people in Burngreave don't let their dogs crap all over the local cemetery?

http://www.friendsofburngreavecemetery.btck.co.uk/

http://www.museums-sheffield.org.uk/project-archive/burngreave-voices/burngreaveCemetery.html

Same notices gone up in Burncross cemetery, notice states animal wardens will be patroling area to deter dog walkers-- yea right when did anyone last see a dog warden on patrol in Sheffield.

Incidentaly it states on the main information board at the entrance to the cemetery that dogs are not allowed in the area

This "don't tar all dog owners with the same brush" nonsense really does have to stop. Dogs poo when on a walk, and a percentage of owners don't clean up after them.

"It's not the dog's fault when they attack the child, it's the owner for training them poorly". Yes, but training a poodle incorrectly doesn't result in deaths, it's the badly trained mashup of muscle and teeth that is a staffy that causes the issues.

Taking dogs around a cemetery is poor taste, regardless of whether you scrape the poo off the grave site afterwards!