Frog advice please

Any advice on frogs. In the summer I often find one in the cellar which I put into the garden. Now I have a small family of them. A large one, the teenager, the toddler and the baby who's the size of my thumbnail. Yesterday baby looked flat (I hadn't stood on him) he moved a little but I thought he was dying. Today he looked plumper and I wondered if he was dehydrated so I put him in a saucer of water. He seemed quite happy and sat up. Teenager hopped off and I put toddler in the saucer as well. He then hopped out into a small hole in the wall and sat watching me, which answered my question as to how they got into the cellar. I left them to it but wondering why I have frogs at different stages of growth when I thought they spawned in the Spring. What they feed on in the cellar I have no idea as I haven't seen any insects. So any advice please.

I guess they wouldn't stay there if they weren't happy. I'd bet they'll find plenty of slugs to eat.

Do frogs eat slugs?

Look after them, they are good for gardens

Frogs hibernate over the winter, they have come into your cellar as it'll shelter them from the weather and cold outside. Their bodies slow down and they don't really need to eat anything I don't think. So long as they don't dry out they'll be ok and will hop off come the spring. Maybe they're different sizes as some were spawned early in the season last year and some late?

I have a frog infestation in my pool cover, we are relocating them however my neighbors son was handling one of them and since then the frog has now expelled a black stringy substance from its behind. What is it? Eggs? should we be concerned? Mom is freaking out! TIA:o we have caught we over 60 so far and about 15-20 more are back...

I can re home some for you have plenty of room in my pond pm me if interested

you'll need to pm me it's not allowing me to

You shouldn't move frogspawn as its illegal. I don't know if this applies to frogs too. Its not wise to move them as they will try to return to the pond they were spawned in, the area where they grew up in as that is their instinct at breeding time.

Are you sure its not a toad? Toads lay a long string of eggs whereas frogs lay clumps of eggs. The black stringy stuff might have been a string of eggs.