People's reaction to rape allegations

But only if the victim is underage - not all of them were.

I don't understand wht you're point you're trying to make?

I don't understand wht you're point you're trying to make?

Well, you said that just because a crime happened 30 years ago doesn't mean that evidence doesn't exist. You said that pregnancy could be used to prove a rape - it could, but only if the victim was underage, as any sexual act with someone under the legal age is illegal.

But, it doesn't evidence rape if the victim is of legal age, for reasons such as I previously gave.

An action that happened 30yrs. ago constitutes a crime only IF and WHEN a Court convicts anyone of it. The facts might point towards behaviour being criminal, true; but even an awful attack on a victim is just that unless & until proven a criminal offence.

I've always though a defendant is tried on the circumstances of the case.

That's singular and usually in rape cases 1 against 1.

For the last few years (alleged) repeat offenders seem to have been found guilty on the grounds of a similar M.O., repeated several (or more) times.

The dangers for justice are clear. Lynch mob media and widespread social and mainstream media revelations of behaviour make fabricating complaints, for whatever reason, becomes easier. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting guilt or innocence. Just interested in how the law see's it.

Did I miss something along the way or did I have it wrong in the first place?