Stocksbridge Tunnel Location.

Can anyone tell me where abouts the stocksbridge tunnel is? Not entirely sure if its called that or just locally known as that. Its a spooky one if this helps anyone. lol

What kind of Tunnel, an old mine or a railway one??

---------- Post added 05-02-2015 at 17:20 ----------

There was a 'video' going around a number of years back, claiming to be of a Ghost in Stocksbrige tunnel.

I think it turned out to have been filmed in York.

Im not sure to be honest. I was told by someone I know that theres an allegedly haunted tunnel in Stocksbridge that you can walk through. I know the by-pass is supposed to be haunted so I didn't know if they were kinda mixing two places up. The locations of either would be useful at this point.

I can't see videos at work, what do they say/do in those??

---------- Post added 05-02-2015 at 17:23 ----------

Im not sure to be honest. I was told by someone I know that theres an allegedly haunted tunnel in Stocksbridge that you can walk through. I know the by-pass is supposed to be haunted so I didn't know if they were kinda mixing two places up. The locations of either would be useful at this point.

If it was just an 'outsider' getting spooked by weird barking/growling/howling/screaming type noises then it's no ghost.

Thats just the locals :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The video with the girls was filmed in leeman road tunnel.

That's right Si. Leeman Rd tunnel in York.

I have been through the Thurgoland/Stocksbridge tunnel hundreds of times (dog walking) and never seen or heard anything "spooky" at all.

If folk think their is spooky goings on in the tunnel, I have to say they are wasting their time.

As for the Stocksbridge bypass, the same applies, been trucking on it since the day it opened at all times of the day and night, never seen owt spooky their either.

The most spooky thing I have come across is the folk who think spooky things go on there.:loopy:

Angel.:huh:

the only tunnel not far from the stocksbridge bypass is thurguland tunnel, and theres something inside it, very spooky...

I have been through the Thurgoland/Stocksbridge tunnel hundreds of times (dog walking) and never seen or heard anything "spooky" at all.

If folk think their is spooky goings on in the tunnel, I have to say they are wasting their time.

As for the Stocksbridge bypass, the same applies, been trucking on it since the day it opened at all times of the day and night, never seen owt spooky their either.

The most spooky thing I have come across is the folk who think spooky things go on there.:loopy:

Angel.:huh:

There has always been rumours of an old Monk haunting the bridge next to Dougie Dransfield`s farm , Ive driven over that bridge at all hours for years , nowt there at all. :hihi::hihi: