Derek Dooley way - roadworks commencing 8th Feb 2015

They’ve made a situation even worse and definitely an accident waiting to happen. 

When coming down pitsmoore road and joining Derick dooly way they’ve shortened the junction heading up towards pitsmoore road. So the traffic heading down you had space to go around traffic in the first lane. Now the junction has been restricted you can’t swing round as you now have the approaching traffic heading directly in the same path. It’s causing more traffic as because of this the traffic is backing up pitsmoore road. 

They would have been better off sorting out the issues coming down from broad lane/ west bar/ the traffic lights and Penistone road gridlock. This to me is the crux of the problem - not the width of lanes. I also don’t like how they have increased the height of the Kurb ( far right lane towards parkway at the junction to Savile street ) - as it currently stands any emergency services wanting to pass through will have a problem as no one can move onto the verge. I also have an issue with the u-bend too.