Blue bin day rubbish everywhere

just watched 5 men empty the blue bins, a week late and as they tip them into the black bins at least 4 items bottles and tins have dropped on to the road and not one of them picked them up, one even kicked a pop bottle into the curb edge,why dont they tip the blue bins straight into the lorry instead of trying to pour them into a black bin this is just one street ,image that on every road and we wonder why sheffields streets look a mess

I believe that the reason of them tipping them into black bins is because the black ones they have are larger so they can put 2-3 houses rubbish into them

I once rang Veolia about Bin men dropping rubbish when emptying the blue boxes and bins and they told me that if this happens they are supposed to pick it up.

I emailed and got a response that all the bin lorries are equipped with brushes and it is their policy that the crews should sweep up after any spillages. Which i have seen many times, is simply utter nonsense, they do not.

I don't think the Veolia crews give a monkeys ! The Streets round Woodhouse are shocking. They never pick up any dropped items round here. I've put complaints in to Veolia, nothings changed.

I believe that the reason of them tipping them into black bins is because the black ones they have are larger so they can put 2-3 houses rubbish into them

No. really - I'd nivver have guessed that one :hihi::hihi:

I emailed and got a response that all the bin lorries are equipped with brushes and it is their policy that the crews should sweep up after any spillages. Which i have seen many times, is simply utter nonsense, they do not.

Perhaps Veolia should inform the Bin Men of this, and perhaps folk should report the bin men to Veolia when they drop the rubbish and don't pick it up.

Not just the bin mens fault.....when its windy the bins are not designed correctly to start with ....how can something that is narrow at the bottom and fatter to the top ...ie top heavy at the top stand up to any slight wind....even more on slight hills etc ......and the blue boxes for carboard are shocking as well they should have a lockable lid not a flimzy cover that rots so the elastic wont hold the cover on . Im one of.the people that has to pick up all the litter and blue bins ...all the recyling bins need a re design to stop the problem....i work all over the south east side of sheffield trying to keep the estates clean and tidy and belive me the public cause more of the litter on estates than bin men do !

Edited by RELIABLE

just watched 5 men empty the blue bins, a week late and as they tip them into the black bins at least 4 items bottles and tins have dropped on to the road and not one of them picked them up, one even kicked a pop bottle into the curb edge,why dont they tip the blue bins straight into the lorry instead of trying to pour them into a black bin this is just one street ,image that on every road and we wonder why sheffields streets look a mess

I started a thread some weeks ago about the same problem around my area and I contacted Viola to complain, it took Viola the same number of weeks to respond to my complaint, all they said was they would have a word with the crew ........made no difference, they still leave rubbish behind that falls from house holders bins that doesn't go in their black bin !

Those crew look like they are under pressure, as if every second matters negatively and they appear to look like they are getting all stressed out to rush through the job.

I was told that when they've finished their round they go home. So that's why they rush and haven't the time to pick up anything they drop !

It's the same on our street. It's making me think what is the point? The 'Environment' that people love to bore on about starts at home and includes the street. If putting paper and card out for collection makes my environment WORSE then something is wrong. Veolia are a business who must maximise profits for shareholders. As the council has been cut and cut I don't imagine the staff and budget are there any more to police bin contracts (or any other type).

So the message to all contractors is drive down costs and quality of service and you will make more money.