Where do you buy your fruit and veg?

Where do you shop for good quality, fresh fruit and veg

Would prefer somewhere that's not a supermarket

Thanks

Sharps greengrocer at bottom of The Moor

Where do you shop for good quality, fresh fruit and veg

Would prefer somewhere that's not a supermarket

Thanks

I shop where it is most convenient so mainly ASDA or Tesco or If I fancy a trip then at Sainsburys Crystal Peaks.

If a local shop sold good quality fresh fruit and veg at comparable prices the it would also be included.

Parkway wholesale market. just split it between a few neighbours. you will save at least 50%

Local greengrocers in Woodhouse, cheaper and better quality than any supermarket.

Not sure if convenient for you but scrivens on totley rise is superb.

He gets fresh stock in every day from the from the wholesale markets but if the quality is off he won't buy it.

Old fashioned service - you say what you want and they pick it and bag it up for you. Some people worry as they think that this means they get given the oldest stuff but his stock turns so fast , and he is a decent chap , you never get anything bad.

As cheap as the old markets used to be but much better quality.

I go out of my way to visit once a week to get a load of fruit and veg as the greengrocers in S10 are middling to rubbish and very expensive .

We used to regularly use our favourite stall in the old market, unfortunately he could not move over to the new moor market as those in charge refused to let him run a home delivery service.

We tried some of the stalls out at the new moor market, and all seemed fair until we went in as per tradition on the morning of Christmas Eve, to get our fresh fruit etc, I picked out 2 small broccoli florets and the assistant informed me that would be £5. an extortionate price hike.

I threw them back and nipped over to Aldi and purchased all my fruit and veg at a fraction of the cost, in fact two large broccoli florets cost me 98p.

My regular butcher moved into the new market, and his prices still beat every other shop I know for quality and price, shame the fruit and veg sellers could not do the same.

Where do you think your local shop gets their stock from? their back yard? why dont you cut out the middleman?

I went into the Netto for the first time, I love some of the offers (200g Parmigiano for 50P!) but the first thing I saw when I came in was a whole section of wilted, sad looking vegetables. I did pick up some peppers (after rummaging through a box full of clearly passed it peppers I found two I could live with) but the yellow ones were all beyond what I would call reasonable.

So I know where I won't go for fruit and veg again!

Parkway wholesale market. just split it between a few neighbours. you will save at least 50%

What an outstanding idea :o

Brilliant.