Ceramic Poppy Repair

Hello

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to get a ceramic poppy repaired?

It was proudly placed in the garden at christmas but a petal has unfortunately has broken, whether through snow, frost or an existing weak point I dont know.

If / when I get it repaired it will be displayed indoors, but no idea where to take it other than supergluing it myself!

thanks for any help

Hi

Im not sure where you can get it repaired but if you fix it yourself dont use superglue. There is a glue called SupaFix which I use for fixing my remote contol cars and its best stuff ive used. Its sticks anything and stays stuck. Think Amazon sell it and Game shop in Meadowhall

Hi there, we purchased 2 poppies and one has already got a small chip ( due to our cat bounding around!). We looked at the glue kits from Amazon for ceramic repair and Youtube on the step by step guide on repairing ceramics. By chance I mentioned this to a lady whilst queuing for my shopping whose an art teacher in a school. She has very kindly offered to have a look to see about repairing.

There's got to be ceramic potters in Sheffield who could repair this which was my next stage if the offer hadn't come along.

hope you got yours fixed ok maaaargaret.

i have tried a couple of places but no joy.

There was a reply to this i noticed on my phone yesterday, but not here today!?

Why would it have been removed?!?

I think the post contained a phone number of a business within it. Ask the help desk. They will tell you. From what I remember it was someone offering to look at it and frame it. Hope you get it fixed.

hope you got yours fixed ok maaaargaret.

i have tried a couple of places but no joy.

There was a reply to this i noticed on my phone yesterday, but not here today!?

Why would it have been removed?!?

Hi MarkS20, we replied to your post and being new to the forum may have inadvertently added something which breached the forum's guidelines. Many apologies to all if we did.

What we said was if you bring your damaged poppy to us at In2Frames in Staveley, we may be able to fix the poppy and frame it for you afterwards to preserve it for posterity. We have framed a few already, examples of which can be seen on our Facebook page 'In2Frames'.

You can find our details online. Give us a ring or pop in anytime. :-)