DDR1 and DD2 mem

Could anyone please confirm im right here.Counting pins from short end only DDR 1 only has 20 pins DDR 2 has 26 pins ?

Sorry laptop mem not desktop

I think both use the same SODIMM actually... 200 pin. The DDR3 SODIMM uses a 204pin with the slot more or less in the middle.

Speaking of DDR1 ram is there a place that sells cheap 1 gb modules in Sheffield?

I need three for an old system, pc3200, 2.5v, ebay seems to be all second hand, but then there's the really cheap stuff from China, 3gb for £10

]Obelix is correct in that DDR and DDR2 Sodimms look nearly identical and the pin count is the same, however DDR2's notch is differently off-set to that of DDR so that you don't (can't) insert the incorrect memory module into the socket due to different voltage requirements.

Wikipedia's page on SO-DIMMs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO-DIMM gives you better explanation with pictures to demonstrate the different offset variance.

Logic3, nobody has manufactured original spec DDR Ram in years due to it being superceeded by DDR2 and DDR3. Indeed, we're now on the cusp of the next RAM generation, as DDR4 hit last year.

Speaking of DDR1 ram is there a place that sells cheap 1 gb modules in Sheffield?

I need three for an old system, pc3200, 2.5v, ebay seems to be all second hand, but then there's the really cheap stuff from China, 3gb for £10

complex handsworth £24

---------- Post added 04-02-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Thank You ............:thumbsup:

I got some old DDR3-3200 (400mhz) laying around somewhere, i'll dig it out...

Thanks, but the motherboard manual says it will only accept 184 PIN DDR SDRAM modules.

complex handsworth £24

---------- Post added 04-02-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Thank You ............:thumbsup:

Is that per module or for the 3x 1GB I want?

If it's the former then are the £10 3GB Samsung kits from China a scam on ebay?