Rigs and ledger in advice wanted

Anyone living in the S12 area wanted please to advise on the following.

Am a middle aged fella who just fishes local ponds to escape from the normal stresses of life.

My kit is nearly as old as me and to say I have basic knowledge is an understatement. However, I have fished for over 35 yrs and have never used a feeder (method or other) and my ledger set up is an Arsley bomb with a couple of ssg holding it fishing straight through to an 12 hook hoping to hook a carp!.

I would like to learn a basic ledger and feeder set up to increase my chances of catching at either the ponds at Ridgeway (Bradleys) or the older smaller pond at Charnock.

If you fish, live near S12 and willing to advise a chap who loves to sit by a pond bank at 4.30 am watching the wildlife, the pond mist and tench bubbles raising please drop me a reply.

Keen to learn how to set up a ledger rig, how to use one of these method things and one of those pv bag things?

Andy- a simple man who loves fishing but not very good at it.

Hi Andy, if you search for Steve ringer on YouTube there's some brilliant clips that will probably tell you all you need.

Without doubt the easiest feeder rig is the method with ground bait or pellet, a short hook length of 4" with any hook bait you prefer. The main key to success is accurate casting so clip up.

Edited by Mr Hinks

Hi, thanks for the replies, I have never used the method feeder and keen to learn a basic rig for it. I am also up for the offer if advice at Bradley's, if you live near S12 could we do this before the summer please, I would like to be ready to try a couple of rigs out in May time if possible, thanks, Andy

I live at Hackenthorpe s12 mate, May is fine with me too providing they aren't spawning . . .