Thornbridge Jaipur X - 10% IPA

We'll I'm having a half now in The Hallamshire House. Slipping down too nicely. Already slurring my words.

Been on Thornbridge website and can't see X for sale directly. Obviously they sell to trade though.

We'll I'm having a half now in The Hallamshire House. Slipping down too nicely. Already slurring my words.

Been on Thornbridge website and can't see X for sale directly. Obviously they sell to trade though.

They've sold out of the first lot thats all, it will be back up online as soon as its available again

Yeah I know a couple of people who ordered a case from the brewery and were happy to sell on individual bottles for £4.50. Went in the Bath on Saturday and they had sold out on keg but couldn't keep pace with demand in bottles - at £8.50 a pop! Almost every table seemed to have at least one bottle of it. I tried some of my mates and didn't think it was as good as on keg if I'm honest. But that could be either because it wasn't very cold (cellar temp - they had run out in the fridge) or because I'd just had Brewdog Jackhammer in the Interval Cafe Bar.

That was a new one on me BTW - did anyone else know they had really good beer at really good prices?

If its launched on Thursday and they are only giving their own pubs a 20 litre keg and possibly no bottles, I'm not sure it will last until the weekend! If you are out drinking in town The Bath Hotel and DaDa (which I think may close down at some point this week actually!) would be your best bet.

Looks like Dada has finally shut.

A shame, in spite of the terrible decor it had it's moments.

However, I must admit that I haven't been in since Tramlines weekend.

Looks like Dada has finally shut.

A shame, in spite of the terrible decor it had it's moments.

However, I must admit that I haven't been in since Tramlines weekend.

Da da da-da da da-da da-da da-da.... RIP :(

Can only hope that something better rises from it. But, with the likes of Locker Room shutting down as well, it seems that end of town just isn't happening at the moment. Sad really.

Had the Jaipur X in both bottle and on keg now. For a 10% beer it slips down nicely...too nicely!

Yeah I know a couple of people who ordered a case from the brewery and were happy to sell on individual bottles for £4.50. Went in the Bath on Saturday and they had sold out on keg but couldn't keep pace with demand in bottles - at £8.50 a pop! Almost every table seemed to have at least one bottle of it. I tried some of my mates and didn't think it was as good as on keg if I'm honest. But that could be either because it wasn't very cold (cellar temp - they had run out in the fridge) or because I'd just had Brewdog Jackhammer in the Interval Cafe Bar.

That was a new one on me BTW - did anyone else know they had really good beer at really good prices?

Please tell me more about the interval?

Please tell me more about the interval?

It's part of the Student Union. It used to be called something else when I was there. Nowadays as an oldie I feel odd venturing anywhere near my youthful stamping grounds.

I'll get me cocoa

(Thornbridge Wonderland Cocoa)

It's part of the Student Union. It used to be called something else when I was there. Nowadays as an oldie I feel odd venturing anywhere near my youthful stamping grounds.

I'll get me cocoa

(Thornbridge Wonderland Cocoa)

I was more interested in the fact that they had Jack Hammer. What the other interesting beers did they have? They currently have Jack Hammer and Libertine at £2.10 a bottle in some Tesco stores (other supermarkets are also available)

What's the general opinion of X ? Folk happily paying £8.50 for a bottle tonight in t'Bath! Beer hype !?

at just under 4 quid a bottle from the brewery, its decent. Not fantastic mind, and definitely not worth the hype. No way is it worth 8 quid a bottle though. You could get green flash or stone for that, both far better