Can someone please explain anti-semitism to me?

Did you just call them intolerant for not welcoming invaders? :suspect:

As usual the point is missed, The bible (written by the Jews) clearly states that you shall worship no god but me (or something similar). This was different to the religions of the time in that worshippers acknowledged more than one god. Mars, Venus, Jupiter etc in Rome, Thor, Woden, Locki in the north.

Due to their reluctance, indeed inability to acknowledge other gods this isolated them. They were intolerant of other religions.

---------- Post added 02-02-2015 at 19:44 ----------

That's easy enough to answer, just observe an exactly parallel world where the Abrahamic religion is snuffed out at its inception. Then it's just a game of spot the difference.

Where would I observe this?

As usual the point is missed, The bible (written by the Jews) clearly states that you shall worship no god but me (or something similar). This was different to the religions of the time in that worshippers acknowledged more than one god. Mars, Venus, Jupiter etc in Rome, Thor, Woden, Locki in the north.

Due to their reluctance, indeed inability to acknowledge other gods this isolated them. They were intolerant of other religions.

So that's a yes, then?

All religions have their rules and expect their followers to obey them them.This does not make them intolerant of others. In fact is that the Jews accept that most people are not Jews and they do not seek converts. The only way to be a Jew is to be born one. All others are tolerated.

In Leeds they have, for donkeys years, just got on with making a business work and have never been any trouble.

Over the years my wife has worked for a few of them and has only kind words for all of them.

Leeds has a high Jewish community, most of the first immigrants came from Russia to escape persecution at the end of the 19th century and at first lived in poverty.

I was born and brought up in Leeds and knew quite a few Jewish people who were really nice, but I do know that some people didn't care for them. It had nothing to do with their religion, the reason for that resentment was nothing more then envy because so many Jews had prospered and become successful in business and other occupations.

Sadly, recently there has been a growing rise in racial anti-Semitism across Europe, which is more to do with politics in the middle east then anything else.

Leeds has a high Jewish community, most of the first immigrants came from Russia to escape persecution at the end of the 19th century and at first lived in poverty.

I was born and brought up in Leeds and knew quite a few Jewish people who were really nice, but I do know that some people didn't care for them. It had nothing to do with their religion, the reason for that resentment was nothing more then envy because so many Jews had prospered and become successful in business and other occupations.

Sadly, recently there has been a growing rise in racial anti-Semitism across Europe, which is more to do with politics in the middle east then anything else.

And who is to blame for this situation .

And who is to blame for this situation .
You tell me?

Hitler used the Jews as someone to blame for the Weimars Republics problems . But sadly this prejudice didn't die in the ruins of Berlin in 1945 and still with us today and is on the rise again is history about to repeat itself?

Re bib. Anti-Semitism might be riding on the back of the middle east situation, but I think that it is basically a continuation of the historical anti-semitism in Eastern Europe in the first half of the 20th century.

You tell me?

I think we already know;)

Hitler used the Jews as someone to blame for the Weimars Republics problems . But sadly this prejudice didn't die in the ruins of Berlin in 1945 and still with us today and is on the rise again is history about to repeat itself?
Hitler blamed the Jews for the German loss of WWI and also for the economic disaster in the 1930s, in fact anything that went wrong he blamed on the Jews. He also led people to believe that Marxist Jews were trying to take over the country.

Anyone holding all Jews responsible for the actions of Israel is a fool.

First of all, not all Jews agree with those actions - and not all Jews are Israelis - and some have gone on record stating their objections, and secondly who would want to be held responsible for the actions of a government?

Do we all agree with every action taken by the British government?