'Right Appliance' Gumtree

Trouble is they then have your address and your mates.

put it down to experience and be sure next time to always either go and see it working are if anyone delivers any second hand goods make sure you make sure its fully working before handing any cash over and if they try and fob you of they havent got time ect ect... dont buy

There is a lot of grey areas with fraud, I have probably just been scammed on Preloved, spoken to the police who put you in touch with Action Fraud, and then they basically just shuffle you away. No wonder crime is supposedly going down, its going online and where for some reason it doesn't go on the stats.

Well Rotherham and Charmer certainly know how to sort a problem out in an intelligent, meaningful way :D TBH Rotherham Charmer did have a slight edge

put it down to experience and be sure next time to always either go and see it working are if anyone delivers any second hand goods make sure you make sure its fully working before handing any cash over and if they try and fob you of they havent got time ect ect... dont buy

Thats the problem with you people. keep putting it to experience and let the scammer carry on ripping other off

I feel for the OP, I did exactly the same some months back. Needed a washer to tide me over for a few months and found a 'company' under the guise of South Yorkshire Appliances on Gumtree. Picked one of the washers advertised and arranged delivery.

The washer wasn't cheap, it was £100 with a 12 month warranty. The guy delivering said he was really busy, so dropped the washer and shot straight off. He took my old washer away as well, and wouldnt knock me the promised tenner off my bill for it.

The washer worked fine for a bit, but I soon realised it wasn't the washer I'd asked for. It was only a 5kg (which was absolutely no use to me - the one I thought I'd paid for was an 8kg), but I only discovered this after I was a bit stricken by the size of the drum and only found out after googling the model number. It then started playing up, making horrendous banging noises and not running through programmes properly.

I still had the receipt for the warranty, so phoned the number given to be told it was no longer a valid number. I looked all over Gumtree to find the company but couldn't find any trace of them, only ads that looked suspiciously like the one I'd answered. After scrapping that machine, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new one from Currys.

Moral of the story is DONT TRUST SOUTH YORKSHIRE APPLIANCES! Or any other 'company' on Gumtree for that matter.

I had a similar thing but with 'YORKSHIRE APPLIANCE'

They delivered the washer, with receipt stating 3 month warranty, but didn't connect it as promised - wasn't too bothered at that moment in time as I had no water supply to my house, was waiting for Yorkshire water to reconnect it later that day. It didn't come with a hose to connect it though, I'm thinking thats why he didn't attempt it!

Once it was plumbed in, it would do about 30 seconds of its cycle, then stop, flash up F10, have to be turned off at the mains, and restarted. Repeating it 5 or 6 times would result in it actually completing a cycle. Sometimes it would stop again at the final spin and I would have to set it to drain and spin manually.

Rang the number on the receipt, which always did, and still does, go straight to voicemail. The address on the receipt doesn't seem to actually exist - something about wharncliffe business park, but the unit number doesn't exist.

Luckily, after a month or 2 of the farce of getting it to work, it stopped doing it, and now it works perfectly. Not sure if it was a fault with the washer or something to do with my drainage pipes to be honest, but if I had received a broken washer I wouldn't have actually been able to ever get in contact with them, I'm just very lucky it sorted itself out after a while.

Lol this is an amusing read. Typical attitudes of people wanting a bargain for cheap, but yet moaning when it doesn't work. No excuse when you can buy stuff of say VERY for like a fiver a week or something joke. Full warranty and not delivered by the local jip.

You bought it on gumtree, with no warranty given or implied, simple sold as seen, "let the buyer beware" like grand said put it down to experiance

I'm glad it made you chuckle, what a thoroughly nice person you must be that you can laugh at someone else's expense. I can imagine people only do such things because they have little money and are desperate. Yes, it might hVe been foolish but my first feeling was one of feeling sorry for the op, as I imagine is most peoples response. And I thank the op for drawing attention to it as it might just stop one more desperate person falling for it.

It is amusing when you think the guy takes delivery a broken washing machine, swops it for the broken one and delivers it to next address. how clever is the crook or stupid are the customer

I'm glad it made you chuckle, what a thoroughly nice person you must be that you can laugh at someone else's expense. I can imagine people only do such things because they have little money and are desperate. Yes, it might hVe been foolish but my first feeling was one of feeling sorry for the op, as I imagine is most peoples response. And I thank the op for drawing attention to it as it might just stop one more desperate person falling for it.

I also felt sorry for the OP, I know what it`s like to have little money because I have been there myself. So well said :thumbsup:

It is amusing when you think the guy takes delivery a broken washing machine, swops it for the broken one and delivers it to next address. how clever is the crook or stupid are the customer

Its a pretty daring hustle. And as for feeling sorry, last time I checked a washing machine wasnt an essential item when you're broke.

Its a pretty daring hustle. And as for feeling sorry, last time I checked a washing machine wasnt an essential item when you're broke.

No one has mentioned the word essential, only you !!!