What do you pretend to like??

Ex cutie used to invite me to hers for candle lit dinner. Geez she couldn't cook for toffee. She'd ruin a pan of boiling water. When it came to dessert she couldn't to this day be topped :twisted:

Pretending was necessary, I'm fickle like that.

Edited by skinz

i'm with a few others - other people's babies .... spare me, please!

Other people's dogs are even worse.

Guest sibon

Other people are often quite trying :D

I pretend to like the taxi driver family 6 doors down from me. But deep down I think he smells of curry. Park his cars everywhere. 9 people in a 3 bedroom house.

I pretend to like the taxi driver family 6 doors down from me. But deep down I think he smells of curry. Park his cars everywhere. 9 people in a 3 bedroom house.

There's a character in an Alan Bennett monologue who sounds like you. Or vice versa. Both equally unpleasant.

i'm with a few others - other people's babies .... spare me, please!

Everyone thinks their baby is the best.

I don't have a problem with that.

Other people's dogs are even worse.

My dog IS the best dog ever.

I pretend to like my boyfriend. :hihi:

Really, it's Toad in the Hole.

My oh absolutely loves it and cooks it all the time. I just don't get the concept. Just have bangers and mash, then add some veggies, not gloupy, mushy, yorkshire pudding wannabe gunk.

I don't think he's cooking it properly.

jb

To fit in, not offend anyone. That sort of thing.

Each to their own I guess. If you feel the need to pretend to be who you aren't to fit in I guess that says something about you as a person.

I don't pretend. Ever. For people's sake/sensitivities or otherwise howsoever.

Last earned me an earful from Mrs L00b about the mother-in-law's Sunday dinner attempt a few weeks past. She meant well, bless her. But it was truly, genuinely, horrendously awful and, though diplomatically trying to stay quiet about it (I do have a minimum of social perceptiveness and understanding :D), I did not pretend otherwise once I was put on the spot. If you don't want to know, don't ask me :twisted:

You've seen ITV's Doc Martin? There ya go, me in a nutshell :hihi:

Some people love me, and unsurprisingly the balance hates me, in equal measure for it :hihi:

Edited by L00b

It is amasing how people can talk about football or rugby, it has crossed my mind in the past to try and learn more about football in order to be able to fit in better; instead my interest seems to be politics, and many of of friends are interested in it too. I guess you gravitate towards similar people.

Each to their own I guess. If you feel the need to pretend to be who you aren't to fit in I guess that says something about you as a person.

What does it say about you as a person?