What do you pretend to like??

My mate Dunc is making a big song and dance about the Superbowl tonight. He's staying up late, getting beers in etc etc

Thing is I know for a fact that he doesn't really like or even understand it (his wife confessed when drunk) He just watches it because he thinks it seems cool

So what do you pretend to like (or used to pretend) because you think it makes you cool or because you told your partner ages ago and now cant go back on it?? :loopy:

My mate Dunc is making a big song and dance about the Superbowl tonight. He's staying up late, getting beers in etc etc

Thing is I know for a fact that he doesn't really like or even understand it (his wife confessed when drunk) He just watches it because he thinks it seems cool

So what do you pretend to like (or used to pretend) because you think it makes you cool or because you told your partner ages ago and now cant go back on it?? :loopy:

90s rave (in the 90s). When I listened to it at home it just made me go to sleep. When I was out on a Friday night after a session Id have cut some shapes to pretty much anything. I'm above such things now.

Nothing, if I like it I'll say so, if I don't I'll say so. It wouldn't do if everyone was the same

Graffiti.

I fancied a lad who was in to tagging and that scene.

I wore a big split hooded coat and carried a posca around the whole summer trying to impress him.

That was in my youf though, now I just have to pretend to like other peoples babies and their home made gin.

Crikey... I was going to go for Mecky's option and then Stranza mentioned babies.... So thatis it,babies.

the wifes cooking

That was in my youf though, now I just have to pretend to like other peoples babies and their home made gin.

Good one. Other people's babies. I hear ya

Edited by alternageek
fixed vb tags

My parents spent 26 years pretending to each other that they liked bread and butter pudding (my mum made it every Sunday evening), until they finally discovered that actually, they both hated it. :confused:

I had to pretend to like jazz once, for a whole evening (some good friends had invited us to a jazz concert and bought us the tickets). I can't stand the stuff - it sounds like a bloody great party to which you are not invited - but it would have been rude to be truthful on that occasion. We should have just been braver to begin with, but you know what's it's like.

Why would I pretend to like anything? I mean really, why?

Why would I pretend to like anything? I mean really, why?

To fit in, not offend anyone. That sort of thing.

I pretend to like my boyfriend. :hihi:

Really, it's Toad in the Hole.

My oh absolutely loves it and cooks it all the time. I just don't get the concept. Just have bangers and mash, then add some veggies, not gloupy, mushy, yorkshire pudding wannabe gunk.

...now I just have to pretend to like other peoples babies ...

Other people's babies are lovely and cute and adorable... for the ten minutes they're clean and burbling happily. How anyone can pretend to like babies when they've turned into bawling demon spawn squirting malodorous semi-solids from both ends is beyond me.

It's reasonable to pretend to like someone's awful new haircut or dress if they're clearly very happy with them.