Tesco Woodseats what was it

Can anyone remember what Tesco was before it was Tesco I have been racking my brains and seem to think it was a big house or somthing.

From the 1965 directory, South Yorkshire District Co-operative Laundries Association Ltd., 685 Chesterfield Road.

Mickdalewood...in circa 70's, I believe it was offices for Crown Engineering

Thanks I only went to school across the road and still can't remember

Mickdalewood...in circa 70's, I believe it was offices for Crown Engineering

Crown Engineering stood where the Pyramid Carpets shop now trades !

Crown Engineering stood where the Pyramid Carpets shop now trades !

Crown House Engineering.

Yes I think where the Pyramid carpet shop is, is what used to be crown engineering, and i think the co-op was where the Photographers is now

.Anymore thoughts, and do you remember the little market that was near the newsagents ?

Before the Crown house/Pyramid carpets building was built there was a Doctors house and surgery there, Dr Kay I believe, and yes before Tesco's it was CO OP Laundries..

Any one remember Dunk's pawn shop at the top of Woodseats road or Mr Rounds new agents opposite The Chantry ?

Before the Crown house/Pyramid carpets building was built there was a Doctors house and surgery there, Dr Kay I believe, and yes before Tesco's it was CO OP Laundries..

Any one remember Dunk's pawn shop at the top of Woodseats road or Mr Rounds new agents opposite The Chantry ?

Yes you are right, I lived on Olivet Road, went to Wooseats School.

I went to Doctor Kays surgery.

I remember the laundry, I was a paper boy for Mr Rounds.

Do you remember the wooden sweet shop at the side of the ploice station?

I've seen photos but I'm a new comer I moved to Woodseats in 1964 when I got Married ..:)

I remember Mr Rounds paper shop, next door was Bullocks a sort of tabbaconist/sweet shop and used to have a cigerette machine outside if it was closed. Anyone remember what we called yes loves the herballist which was opposite Gleesons now Voice

If that's the place I'm thinking of on the few occasions I went in there there was a very nice Lady in a white overall with white hair who owned the shop ..

When I first moved here the bus stop was higher up on the other side of Woodseats road out side a sweetshop called Churches.......