Private nurse to visit home

Does anyone know of an agency who will provide a private nurse to visit my home and provide a service I can't do for myself.

If it's a social care type of service (rather than medical), then the Skills For Care website might be a good place to start:

http://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/Employing-your-own-care-and-support/Support-for-individual-employers/Support-for-individual-employers.aspx

"A personal assistant (PA) register is a list of personal assistants that are advertising their services and can be used to find and hire a personal assistant in your area."

Nothing there, though dongle made me smile.

What I actually need is someone to put cream on my back which I obviously can't do myself as my arms are too short. I have a really bad eczema rash which needs properly creaming or it will never heal. My gp surgery doesn't offer this service.

Is this of any use?

Link

Link

BTW you don't need a nurse to apply cream to your back. That would be quite expensive.

I use a spatula which is fine for applying moisturising cream. But the lesions require ointment to be more precisely applied.

I will have a look at Autumn's suggestions, but at a quick glance not much is said about clients who require their services. But I will look again, thank you.

Jomie says BTW you don't need a nurse but I can't think of any alternative. I have looked at SCC but not sure if they can help. What I need is someone to come, perhaps every other day and spend about half an hour doing the job.

My sister did a great job yesterday, but she will not be available for the next few weeks.

This is just one of the problems of living alone, with no-one you can ask to perform a quite intimate task.

Did you get this sorted? Which area do you live? if you live anywhere near where I work (s2 / s12) or live S11. I would be happy to do this on my way home for free a couple of times a week (I am a registered nurse.)PM me.