Catfish in and around Sheffield

Aston would be best local, ponds same size as a bath tho, if you got facebook join a group called sheffield specimen hunters, get plenty of information and a good set of lads

I think I may have a trip to Aston at the weekend. I have joined that facebook group.

I have heard a couple of people mention there is Catfish at Dam Flask, does anyone know how true this is?

Bit too cold for cats pal, water temp 10° above is when they turn on usually, im not saying they cant be caught in cold, just very hard to do so

Never heard of any in dam flask, Sally Walsh dam there's some big ens

Azzbo, is sally walsh's still fishable on a day ticket as i'd heard it was now a syndicate water?

I've had some cracking bream from there in the past.

Still day ticket, however they unfortunately got the khv virus last year and lost a lot of carp, including a 30lb fish, it has now opened back up with a with net dipping in force, there are still some nice fish in there, a couple more 30's, has for the bream/silvers they have more or less gone, I know my friends dad used to fish matches on there and he said there was some nice bream, this is a hard water to fish, I know it takes a lot of bait to get the carp going, think it's only £7 for 24hr now, due to the fish losses

If you get the chance,go catfishing on the ebro in Spain. It's a wonderful experience. I used to fish with a chap who had a farmhouse on the riverbank with a purpose built boat for fishing but he's now retired.