What a joke of a sentence for killing a child

I see where you are coming from but just for a second imagine the blind panic the driver was probably in after hitting the children. Obviously he panicked, obviously he did the wrong thing but thats not to say he isnt sorry for what he did. He may be just a good actor or a sick freak who can turn on the tears but i dont know him so i have to take his reaction at face value.

My heart bleeds for him.

Twice the speed limit and you call that an accident? Did he accidentally leave the scene and accidentally dispose of the vehicle as well?

The intention wasnt to kill anyone otherwise he wouldnt have swerved to avoid the other kids. It was an accident. Like it or not thats what it is.

If you have an issue with it then you need to adress the law makers and get them to change things a bit. Make a law that fits this kind of circumstances then decide on a suitable term in prison for it.

total joke and he should be banned from driving for life, bet that doesn't happen either

I see where you are coming from but just for a second imagine the blind panic the driver was probably in after hitting the children. Obviously he panicked, obviously he did the wrong thing but thats not to say he isnt sorry for what he did. He may be just a good actor or a sick freak who can turn on the tears but i dont know him so i have to take his reaction at face value.

I'm sure that his reaction and the tears are real, but for the remorse of what he's done to himself, as opposed for remorse for what he's done to others.

its been posted on here before but if you want to read a report on how the judge arrives at these sentences for causing death by dangerous driving you need to look at Mick's write up of the Eric Codling case earlier last year

http://www.cyclesheffield.org.uk/2014/07/21/10376/

Ive no idea if he attended the Jasmyn Chan case and can give us a similar insight to how the judge handed out what he did .

The guidelines are

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/death_by_dangerous_driving/

Edited by WalkleyIan
sp

What good is a driving ban ? He was driving without a licence and insurance so obviously that doesn't bother him.

It now appears that the driver had previously been banned, and since getting his new car hadn't had any driving lessons. He'd also failed his written test three times.

I think the police will have got to know him very well over the past few months.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/video/news/jasmyn-chan-s-killer-sentenced--4014866132001

the phrase "made worse by the appalling characteristics of the driver" speaks volumes.

Twice the speed limit and you call that an accident?

Yes. It was an accident. In law he was guilty of causing death by dangerous driving. By speeding it doesn't mean he deliberately killed her but that by driving dangerously he did so. As it wasn't deliberate it had to be an accident.

He got longer than some others have for killing someone while driving, the woman who knocked the cyclist over and killed him in Sheffield a bit back only got about 4 years.

The sentence is not a joke compared to others.

He got longer than some others have for killing someone while driving, the woman who knocked the cyclist over and killed him in Sheffield a bit back only got about 4 years.

The sentence is not a joke compared to others.

She should also have got a longer sentence.